adding youtube videos and music to kodi library
Hello all

I have been trolling  to find a solution to my problem

I* download music, old t6v shows and movies from youtube.

I can play them in kodi with no issues however these files are never loaded into the Kodi library.

How to i add them to their respective library?

the music isa in mp3 and videos in mkv or avi format

Thank you in advance
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
This addon might be what you're looking for?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello all

Thank you for this 

i did configure youtube with my ke etc. However the videos downloaded and stored in my NAS under tv folder (respecting the naming convention) still do not show in kodi library.
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
Do the videos appear in the database of whichever scraper you're using?

If not then there will be no metadata associated with them, and so they can't be scraped. In such cases you would need to use an NFO (wiki) file to be picked up locally.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi Thank you for getting back tyo me

I installed the youtube addons you mentioned in your previos post.

I'm learning how to use them

So far i added Great Cars: the elevisonV series. It did the download and show up and i can see the videos

Contrary to the demo video,  If i right click on the added  video i can only get to add these videos as favorites and not to the library.

If right click i get the chioce to refres or delete

If the videos I downloaded to my Nas are iether AVI or MPG or MKV should Kodi just load them into the library?

Again thank you for your time and patience 
Some of the videos  i tried to add (like chef Jean Pierre) or music (Like paloma faith) the addon does not dowload any content
Best regards to all
BikerDude
What you need to do is check in the database for the scraper (TheTVDb.com or TheMovieDB.org for the most common ones) and find your show and episode in there. That will show you exactly how it needs to be named for the scraper to find it.

Ensure that the local files are named accordingly and then the scraper should pick them up and they will be included into the library.

If they don't appear in the scraper database, then the scraper cannot work with them and so they can't be included that way into the library. At that point the best option is to create the NFO (wiki) file as I mentioned before (details on the wiki, via the link).

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello 

May i wish you all a good year

I looked into your suggestions

Scraper: I have both tvdb and movieddb as my scrapers

File Naming: all youtube files (as most all of them) are configured correctly. I understand that i will need to rename some files

creating NFO: i really do not understand this. I will need to read up on this subject... I do not see me having good luck with option or at least it will take a huge amount of time.

Thank you for your suggestions
Best regards to all
BikerDude

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adding youtube videos and music to kodi library0