Sony Android TV - 4k files are downscaled
Well, something has changed at some point. It has been a long time since I tried this last time, but I just tested the 4k file playback and I have to take back my words. The picture quality was very good. However, with 4k files there is still one issue that prevents using Kodi. The stuttering. It is very clear that the display stays on 60hz mode. This is strange because with 1080p files the playback is perfectly smooth.
Oh, that is odd, I would have thought it runs everything at 60fps, weird if 1080p is an exception.

Sure you don't have different settings for Cinema mode and natural motion (or whatever that was called).. Sony uses different setup for HDR and SDR, you have to check everything again.

But yeah the stutter was the major drawback why I ended up buying nvidia Shield Pro ..

I have understood almost all TVs are like that, run everything at 60fps.
(2024-04-01, 09:18)Zuikkis Wrote: Oh, that is odd, I would have thought it runs everything at 60fps, weird if 1080p is an exception.

Sure you don't have different settings for Cinema mode and natural motion (or whatever that was called).. Sony uses different setup for HDR and SDR, you have to check everything again.

But yeah the stutter was the major drawback why I ended up buying nvidia Shield Pro ..

I have understood almost all TVs are like that, run everything at 60fps.

Yes, I can't explain why 1080p files are played back perfectly smoothly. I used to have a Philips TV prior to getting this Sony, and on the Philips it was the other way around - perfect 4k playback, stuttering 1080p.
I have Sony Kd-55xg8096 and I have instaled last kodi, last plex and last vlc on it. Plex and vlc play my movies in 4K when kodi does not, it play HD. The diference in quality of pictures is more then obvious.
Does anybody have some solution for this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Android TV - 4k files are downscaled0