Does kodi use "OShdr" or Nvidia HDR"?
Im on 19.4 is it using 8 bit hdr or 10/12 bit? and oshdr or nvidia hdr?
Kodi uses O/S HDR.  There is no difference between O/S HDR vs Nvidia HDR - Each put your display into HDR mode.  Each is 8, 10, or 12bit output color depth dependent on your GPU and display capabilities as well as your settings in each.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2022-11-26, 20:51)brazen1 Wrote: Kodi uses O/S HDR.  There is no difference between O/S HDR vs Nvidia HDR - Each put your display into HDR mode.  Each is 8, 10, or 12bit output color depth dependent on your GPU and display capabilities as well as your settings in each.

I dont see any settings for it in kodi..?
(2022-11-26, 21:05)chrisssj2 Wrote:
(2022-11-26, 20:51)brazen1 Wrote: Kodi uses O/S HDR.  There is no difference between O/S HDR vs Nvidia HDR - Each put your display into HDR mode.  Each is 8, 10, or 12bit output color depth dependent on your GPU and display capabilities as well as your settings in each.

I dont see any settings for it in kodi..?
What settings are you looking for? There is a setting for HDR, that's the only one you need and Kodi will take care of the rest.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I mean colour settings to put it in nvidia hdr or os hdr... no such option. i want nvidia hdr.
(2022-12-10, 13:55)chrisssj2 Wrote: i want nvidia hdr.
Why?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2022-12-15, 16:32)ashlar Wrote:
Why?

It's what I had before. so I want it again simple as that.
(2022-12-16, 14:43)chrisssj2 Wrote:
(2022-12-15, 16:32)ashlar Wrote:
Why?

It's what I had before. so I want it again simple as that.
What are the extra qualities it has to offer? Because if there are none, this is in line with the overall Kodi's strategy of de-prioritizing proprietary solutions in favor of more generic ones.
Anyone know how to get nvidia HDR in kodi back again?
(2022-12-21, 02:36)chrisssj2 Wrote: Anyone know how to get nvidia HDR in kodi back again?

Yes, write the code yourself and submit a PR to see if it will be accepted into Kodi main branch, but you are being stubborn and short sighted as you do not need it as it provides zero benefit to having it

but just cause you had it before from a 3rd party build doesn't mean it will ever be in the main branch unless you can prove it provides some form of benefit over the other which it doesn't
You don't seem to understand how this works. Windows does no do HDR by itself, it simply provides the interface via standard API's that GPU vendors can add to their drivers, so in the case of Nvidia it's still the Nvidia GPU that does the video decoding. This is why everyone is trying to tell you there's no difference as all decoding/processing is still handled by the Nvidia GPU.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does kodi use "OShdr" or Nvidia HDR"?0