View Visability Issues
How does someone remove a view from the the movies sub section (section which includes genre, year, title etc.) but keep it in the movies section... i know one edits the <visibility> tag of the viewtype... but how does one specify anything about that sub section... it seems to be included in Window.IsVisible(25) + Container.Content(movies) sections, so what other visibility boolean tag is there to limit the visibility of that specific sub sectionHuh This is just making the issue slighty specific... how does one specify (via boolean expressions) the sub section in any main section... and im not speaking about the Files view!

Thanks for the help!
Generally each view type is defined by it's own <include> with a specific name. All you have to do is find the <include> name of the view you want to remove and remove it from the video library xml. You should see all the includes for the views that are included in that window all in a row, most likely toward the top of the xml.
thanks for the help... i know how to include and exclude viewtypes... just wandering how to exclude a viewtype from a window not defined anywhere... in the hierarchy of directors in the movies/video section... how do i remove a view from a directory below the movies or tvshows directories... i.e

Video Library -> movies (contains these directories/folders)

genre
title
year
rating
director
actors

how do i remove a view from this directory which shows up in the other directories one view up e.g. title

hope this is possible and hope u understand what i mean this time around

thanks for the help
Not sure if it can be included or excluded based on the branch of media you are currently in (titles, year etc) but if you only want it to show (or not show) for specific media types then you can use Container.Content(mediatype) flags? If you use them alongside checking for the video library windows you can work out pretty much where you are in the library (but still not sure it covers your particular example but then I'm not sure I understand it either)
hahaha, thanks for the help... i totally understand... i'm a bit hard to understand sometimes, but anyways... here's what i've tried and a more clear explaination of what i'm attempting to do...

so you have your movie library with a bunch of different attributes ****(genre, title, actors, directors, year etc.) and like in most "movie" sections included in skins such as your baby "mediastream", title in the default displaying the movie titles in a certain viewtype (list, showcase, media info)...

now if your in the movie section and you press the back button, you move to the location displaying labelled **** above, which shows a number of directories (genre, title, year) as mentioned above as well...

now my question is, if i wish to exclude, for instance the showcase view from **** but keep it in the default "title" sectionHuh??

Hope it makes sense now skunky... the container.content(movies) seems to include this folder, so in my experience theres no way of excluding a view from ****.

Can a !IsEmpty(listitem.*) is an idea... because **** includes directories only, but how would i include that in a VIEWTYPE's <visible> tag...? Yeah, this is a mission isn't it!
thanks for the help earlier on master skunk!
Isn't this what the flatten option does?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
nope... that only flattens (removes) the season screen for tv shows with one season i think... but it wouldn't sort my issue out if it did because i want those views in there... but yeah, think the issue is resolved because i adapted views to the section i wanted them excluded from... not great, but i guess it'll do...
thanks for all the help before hand... skunky and all the rest...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View Visability Issues0