Universal Scraper - New Issue Just Started
Recently my universal scraper stopped working.  When I added a movie the cover and description would not flood.  If I went into an old movie and tried to refresh it also didn't work.  

I've been using Kodi, in this configuration, for years.  It's an RPi running Libreelec, Kodi version 18.9.  I use Aeon Nox: Silvo and the Universal Movie Scraper (5.5.10).  Also, my movie library is via a file share (SMB).  

For testing...  I used two Windows instances.  FIRST - A new Windows instance (movie library was local).  SECOND - An existing instance (my laptop) where the library was remote (SMB).   
     1) New Install, Windows 10 - Movies local (E:\movies).  Kodi 19.4. I set up Aeon Nox: Silvo and the Universal Scraper 5.5.10.  This worked and I did not have a problem with the Universal Scraper.
     2) Laptop - Windows 10 with a share to the movies - Kodi 18.9.  Scraping using the universal scraper failed. 
            A) I updated to Kodi 19.4 and Univ Movie Scraper 5.5.10 (was already at this level).  It still failed. 
            B) I did a "net use m: ...Movies" and created an M: drive.  Instead of "Media" being "SMB:" I used the M: drive for Media.  It still failed. 
            C) I installed The Movie Database Python and changed the media default scraper to use it and it worked.  
     The fundamental error, when using the universal scraper, is "ERROR <general>: PCRE: Unknown error: -21"

I did my testing on Windows machines for convenience.  I went back to my RPi box (still at 18.9) I installed and selected "The Movie Database Python" and it corrected the problem.  No other changes were made.  

This makes no sense to me and I don't know why there would be a difference between a local and an SMB movie, but that certainly seems to be the case.

I'm happy to send you logs from any environment (that I have) or to test a particular scenario, if you'd like.  That said, it's working (well not the Universal Scraper) so I have a workaround so I'm off to my next project.

Thank you.  GREAT product.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3119345
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you Karellen.  

When the RPi "failed" at scraping it sometimes worked, sometimes not.  I guess it was just luck of the draw that it worked ever.  No worries.  Glad to know the solution.  

Apologies for not finding the referenced thread on the IMDB scraper(s).  

Have a great day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper - New Issue Just Started0