Solved Pictures folder thumbnails
Is there any way of controlling how Kodi generates the folder thumbnails in the pictures window?

I'd like to be able to show a listitem from the folder rather than the autogenerated collage. I was sort of able to 'fake it' for some of my views using a second list with id="3100" and content="ListItem.FolderPath", then using $INFO[Container(3100).ListItem.PicturePath] for the artwork, but this doesn't seem to work for views built inside the <itemlayout><focusedlayout> tags. Also some of my views are manually animated. I tried running an array of hidden lists to get thet artwork for each position (Listitem(x).FolderPath) but there's a bit of a delay while it refreshes those hidden lists when you navigate, which breaks the view.

Is there any way to control this in advancedsettings that I missed?

From the skin, no. As a user, yes.

Add a folder.jpg to the folder and Kodi will use that instead of autogenerating a thumb. Then use Context Menu > Regenerate Thumbnails to refresh any existing thumbs.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks @jurialmunkey ! How did I not know that, haha!! I didn't want to enable some of my views for pictures because they looked really bad with the transparent collage thumbnails. But if it's just down to the user to have a decent organised library, then that's fine.
Honestly I'd completely forgotten it was possible to do that.

Your post triggered some long forgotten mid-2000s memory of using windows media player to organise my MP3 collection with folder.jpg album art as custom folder images. Sadly looks like Win 11 doesn't support folder.jpg anymore but at least Kodi still does!
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2022-12-15, 07:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: Honestly I'd completely forgotten it was possible to do that.

Your post triggered some long forgotten mid-2000s memory of using windows media player to organise my MP3 collection with folder.jpg album art as custom folder images. Sadly looks like Win 11 doesn't support folder.jpg anymore but at least Kodi still does!

Good times. The hours I lost in Tag&Rename... Large MP3 collections and OCD are not a good combo!
Thread marked solved.
Shutting down the reminiscing over mp3 metadata, hey @HitcherRofl Is it bringing back your own painful memories, haha

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures folder thumbnails0