OS X Problems with MySql and Mac client
tbh I'm not sure I can help. Based on what I read in the thread I can think of the following:
  • test the same scenario on a clean library
  • test by using different mariadb connector library version (according to the android PR). If it's distributed as dynamic library in Kodi, then you can easily swap it with a different version.
(2023-01-17, 13:47)kambala Wrote: tbh I'm not sure I can help. Based on what I read in the thread I can think of the following:
  • test by using different mariadb connector library version (according to the android PR). If it's distributed as dynamic library in Kodi, then you can easily swap it with a different version.

Ok, I will try to play with the different mariadb connectors. Thanks!
(2023-01-18, 03:35)lancercncs1 Wrote:
(2023-01-17, 13:47)kambala Wrote: tbh I'm not sure I can help. Based on what I read in the thread I can think of the following:

Did you find a resolution? I'm new to MySQL so I'm not sure if I've done things correctly.. 

After editing the advancedsettings.xml on the same machine that has the MySQL server, it correctly wiped the existing library and I had to re-add my content, so I think it was able to connect as intended.  But when I edited the advancedsettings.xml on my Mac client it didn't appear to do anything.
(2023-02-05, 06:30)ntilikp Wrote:
(2023-01-18, 03:35)lancercncs1 Wrote:

Did you find a resolution? I'm new to MySQL so I'm not sure if I've done things correctly.. 

After editing the advancedsettings.xml on the same machine that has the MySQL server, it correctly wiped the existing library and I had to re-add my content, so I think it was able to connect as intended.  But when I edited the advancedsettings.xml on my Mac client it didn't appear to do anything.

Unfortunately, I have been unable resolve this issue and I am not even sure how it can be done (the linked android thread is gibberish to me). If this issue is also happening with you, it is probably something with the Mac client that is not allowing the connection to occur.
(2023-02-05, 14:25)lancercncs1 Wrote:
(2023-02-05, 06:30)ntilikp Wrote:
(2023-01-18, 03:35)lancercncs1 Wrote: Ok, I will try to play with the different mariadb connectors. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I have been unable resolve this issue and I am not even sure how it can be done (the linked android thread is gibberish to me). If this issue is also happening with you, it is probably something with the Mac client that is not allowing the connection to occur.

Indeed, after this post I tried setting up an Xbox as a client and it worked flawlessly. Must be a MacOS issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with MySql and Mac client0