v20 Enigma2 20.4.1 switches off during list downolading from PVR
Hello

I have such a problem.
My MiBox S updated Kodi from 19.3 Matrix to 20 Nexus. Of course all adds failed.
I installed a new copy of Kodi 20 Nexus from Google PLay.
Then Enigma2 from repository and internal filters.

Problem is when Kodi downloading list from PVR (at start up) it stops Kodi application more less at 70% of list downloading and I need to start up Kodi and it happens every time in the same place . Only solution is to switch off Enigma 2.
When it was Kodi 19.3 Matrix all was ok even if Enigma2 verison was 19 something.
Do you have a full debug log?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Google tv is the same! 😭
There is no chance for full debug as Kodi stops after 10s ( I need to hurry to switch off Enigma untill loading of lists achieves 70%) and after restart and Enigma2 off is only start up of Kodi
Can you run ADB (Android debugger) to capture the crash?

I not an android user, so not sure how to setup it up.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Hi,
same problem here. Immediate crash while using enigma2 app with FireTv Stick with Nexus. Using Nexus with Win11 works without problems.

Strange....
(2023-01-19, 20:12)phunkyfish Wrote: Can you run ADB (Android debugger) to capture the crash?

I not an android user, so not sure how to setup it up.

great writeup for adb client setup https://www.xda-developers.com/install-a...cos-linux/
individual devices vary but most usually clicking the version number in "about" on android about 20-25x will enable developer tools, after you should find a developer options menu to enable adb on the device
best to do a web search for "enable developer options for ..." and the device name or "enable adb on ..." device name

once setup you should be able to adb connect <androidip>:<port> from your computer as seen in the writeup above

adb in its most basic form facilitates a shell on android

for the purpose requested you would want adb logcat > logfile.txt on the client
if you adb shell you can also run logcat but then you are inside the android box so you would do adb logcat >/sdcard/logfile.txt then the log will be on the android device
if you want to transfer the log file to the client use adb pull /sdcard/logfile.txt and it will download it to the client
unrelated, you also have adb push to push a local file to android
hi
i've tried to capture log for this crash and failed.

kodi.log is empty "debug logging on" in gui

logcat does not give any information about app at all...
I've got the same problem here.

You will find the crash logs here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ayiqocemol.kodi
(2023-01-20, 21:08)FloMeyer Wrote: I've got the same problem here.

You will find the crash logs here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ayiqocemol.kodi

01-20 19:55:50.145 16888 17908 E Kodi    : 2023-01-20 19:55:50.145 T:17908   error <general>: Unknown setting type of 'ffmpegdirectSettings' for Enigma2 Client
01-20 19:55:50.152 16888 17908 E Kodi    : 2023-01-20 19:55:50.152 T:17908   error <general>: Unknown setting type of 'ffmpegdirectSettings' for Enigma2 Client

the behavior is the same as in: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=358506
So what was a solution ?
I could read in past link that @phunkyfish conected remotely to PVR and solved problem in Wolf system on PVR, But how.
Maybe it is it, but strange, it worked with Kondi 19.3 + Enogma2 19.00 and crasehed with Kodi 20 with Enigma2 curent version - strange that  it could be problem with PVR sofware as it was untouched.
Not sure if my info will help or hinder.  When the new version of Kodi was downloaded onto my Nvidia Shield Model P.2571 it instantly crashed.  I guessed the problem was with your add-on.  I installed  a new virgin Kodi and gradually configured the add-on, testing each time.  When I changed the Channels setting from download only the Favourites bouquet to download All channels, Favourites first and then restarted Kodi it instantly crashed

I have now reset it to just download the Favourites bouquet  

On my Nvidia Shield model P.3430, the Guide will no longer download.  All the settings are the same for the previous version of Kodi.
Hi,

thnx 4 the workaround.....unfortunately this wont work 4 me on Firestick. Still crashes immediately....while WIn11 Kodi works fine.
same here: works in win, firetv cube, nvidia shield pro 2019, stops in nvidia shield 2019.
(2023-01-19, 10:37)wgozno Wrote: There is no chance for full debug as Kodi stops after 10s ( I need to hurry to switch off Enigma untill loading of lists achieves 70%) and after restart and Enigma2 off is only start up of Kodi
You can create advancedsettings.xml outside Kodi to turn on debug logging.  If you can't do it using the tools you know uninstall/reinstall Kodi install advancedsettings.xml with Kodi filemanager then restart and add the pvr.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enigma2 20.4.1 switches off during list downolading from PVR0