Song 'role' information missing/hidden on songs found by searching
If I pick a song from Songs then the song information shows Roles and Involved People as expected. But if I select information for the same song when it's a result of a Search then an image (I think it's ..\extras\home-images\music.jpg) covers the relevant area behind a semi-transparent 'No information available' message. There's no sign of any Roles/Involved people!

I just tag with MP3tag and don't incude any MusicBrainz tags. I don't use addons or fanart. So it's a pretty minimal system!
I get the same missing info on songs within albums and also on singles.
I find the issue on both Kodi 19.4 and 20.0 using default Estuary skins.

Hoping there might be an easy fix for this. I find Search pretty useful.
I guess you are using the global search addon here to find stuff with?

If that's the case, then there is no provision within that addon to fetch any role information for songs.  The json interface it uses does support fetching contributors when getting song details, it's just not implemented in the addon at the moment.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I did do something of a hack on global search to do this (for another poster) and promised to submit a PR to the author (haven't done that yet) but you a free to try it here:
https://gitlab.com/scott967/script.globa...e/allroles

scott s.
@scott967 I think that rather than actually searching on roles, the OP expects (when pressing <i> on a song) to see this (which is what you get when you just navigate to a song in the library)

However, searching on "patient" gives me

Pressing <i> on the highlighted song (which is the same song) gives me

I think it's here that the OP is expecting to see the role information.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks black_eagle - that's exactly what I was trying to point out.  Inspired by your post I'll try to do the same for one of my own examples..

If I select this song from my library and press<i> I get this:-

But if I search for the same song (eg by using the search string 'borne') it finds the song as expected  :-

.. but now on pressing <i> I get this screen which isn't the same as the first one:-

You can see there are no Composer or Conductor roles displayed.  I would have expected the displayed info to be identical to the first image.
See also what I mean too about the strange background image appearing?

In my use case the Role information is as important as Artist and it would be really good to see this when using Search!

Cheers
redulike
I will have to think about this a bit and do some experiments.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Song 'role' information missing/hidden on songs found by searching0