Windows Artist Scraper stops scraping at around 1700 songs or 450 artists
https://paste.kodi.tv/xuzanedeyi.kodi

Windows newish installation ... scraper works great until it doesn't. See about line 300 in the log file for when the errors start.
I noticed that if I ran the scraping a second time it backfilled missing artists ... I can fill my Kodi DB by running the scraping program multiple times BUT it seems like an awful waste of processing power for MusicBrainz, etc. . The 2nd scraping generates a log filled with errors of the following format:

2023-02-09 19:47:03.637 T:53580 error : SQL: [MyMusic82.db:
SQLite error SQLITE_CONSTRAINT_UNIQUE (UNIQUE constraint failed: album.strMusicBrainzAlbumID) Query: UPDATE album SET strAlbum = 'Angra', ... eleaseType = 'album', strReleaseStatus = 'Official', lastScraped = '2023-02-10 00:47:03', bScrapedMBID = 1, strMusicBrainzAlbumID = 'a6587c6b-6d9c-4958-845d-0bdaff32325c', strReleaseGroupMBID = '9901fc20-d408-45df-bf40-20f30034d1ea', strArtistSort = NULL WHERE idAlbum = 676']

this is repeated well over 400 times for the artists scraped in the first run...
(2023-02-10, 14:11)Longtime Collector Wrote: I noticed that if I ran the scraping a second time it backfilled missing artists ... I can fill my Kodi DB by running the scraping program multiple times BUT it seems like an awful waste of processing power for MusicBrainz, etc. . The 2nd scraping generates a log filled with errors of the following format:

2023-02-09 19:47:03.637 T:53580 error : SQL: [MyMusic82.db:
SQLite error SQLITE_CONSTRAINT_UNIQUE (UNIQUE constraint failed: album.strMusicBrainzAlbumID) Query: UPDATE album SET strAlbum = 'Angra', ... eleaseType = 'album', strReleaseStatus = 'Official', lastScraped = '2023-02-10 00:47:03', bScrapedMBID = 1, strMusicBrainzAlbumID = 'a6587c6b-6d9c-4958-845d-0bdaff32325c', strReleaseGroupMBID = '9901fc20-d408-45df-bf40-20f30034d1ea', strArtistSort = NULL WHERE idAlbum = 676']

this is repeated well over 400 times for the artists scraped in the first run...

That indicates some type of duplicate record trying to be inserted \ updated in the Kodi music database where there is a unique index in the album table and the  trMusicBrainzAlbumID value is not unique.  I took a quick look at the Kodi MyMusic82.db schema.  There are no unique indexes on the album table other than the primary key.   It looks like the scraper is trying to update the trMusicBrainzAlbumID value but it exists in the album table already.  The scraper should use INSERT or REPLACE vs. UPDATE and SET, if it can't determine the proper row.  This is definitely a scraper issue.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
if it helps in debugging I will confess that mine is a music collection of singles. I had to replicate artist names in three fields: album, albumartist and artist to get this singles-approach to work. this might (or might not) contribute to the scraping problem. BUT this was never a problem before with my FireTV / Android installation (haven't tried scraping with that installation recently).
Solved (maybe). The original issue (stops scraping) has gone away. All I did was to change system settings from DIRECTSOUND:default to WASAPI:default. I don't know if this fixed the issue or something else (rearranging my library into smaller chunks) helped.
As for the UNIQUE errors, they are still there whenever I do a refresh. But they don't affect MyMusic82.db so what the heck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Artist Scraper stops scraping at around 1700 songs or 450 artists0