v20 IPTV Simple now supports multiple sets of M3U/XMLTV files via instances
All,

Kodi Nexus introduced the notion of instances in for PVR, meaning it is possible to creating many instances of a PVR add-ons once PVR API support is implemented. This has now been done to IPTV Simple/

One of the most asked for features in IPTV Simple is the ability to be able to load multiple different M3U/XMLTV files. This can now be done natively since 20.8.1 of the add-on.

Please note that there was a bug in v20.8.0 where the M3U path type would not migrate correctly to the new instance settings format (user reported needed to change this back to Local). So please check this setting is correct in case of any issues.

Regards,

phunkyfish
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Note that Kodi does not currently provide a programatic way to create or edit instance settings. There is an issue here to track this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/22779
This is very nice feature and works great! No more 'cloning and not updating the old plugin'  Smile

Thanks a million!!!
@phunkyfish I've got a bit of a dilemma and I'm not sure if I should pm you or if this is the appropriate thread to ask for help:

I'm trying to add Pluto TV channels into IPTV Simple Client directly (using https://i.mjh.nz/PlutoTV/all.m3u8) but I cannot get the channels to play.

The guide works perfectly (using https://i.mjh.nz/PlutoTV/all.xml.gz) and I've even got a group filter that allows only USA, Canada, and Great Britain channels to show. This all works as intended.

My only issue is getting the actual channels to play. When I try to switch to them, it just takes me back to the Kodi home screen.

If it helps, I'm running the 03.02.23 Kodi 20 nightly on Nvidia Shield with Arctic Horizon. I am not using IPTV Merge, and do not have Pluto TV installed.

I also have a separate IPTV playlist running through Simple Client and that one works perfectly, I just cannot get the Pluto TV channels to work alongside my other IPTV urls.
(2023-03-04, 21:48)inihendrix Wrote: @phunkyfish I've got a bit of a dilemma and I'm not sure if I should pm you or if this is the appropriate thread to ask for help:

I'm trying to add Pluto TV channels into IPTV Simple Client directly (using https://i.mjh.nz/PlutoTV/all.m3u8) but I cannot get the channels to play.

The guide works perfectly (using https://i.mjh.nz/PlutoTV/all.xml.gz) and I've even got a group filter that allows only USA, Canada, and Great Britain channels to show. This all works as intended.

My only issue is getting the actual channels to play. When I try to switch to them, it just takes me back to the Kodi home screen.

If it helps, I'm running the 03.02.23 Kodi 20 nightly on Nvidia Shield with Arctic Horizon. I am not using IPTV Merge, and do not have Pluto TV installed.

I also have a separate IPTV playlist running through Simple Client and that one works perfectly, I just cannot get the Pluto TV channels to work alongside my other IPTV urls.

I’m pretty sure you’ll need Pluto tv installed to be be able to play those channels. Many of the video addons now use iptvsimple as a front end for their addons.
@phunkyfish I've installed Pluto TV from SlyGuy Repo and I'm still unable to get Simple Client to play those Pluto TV channels.

Is it possible for you to semi replicate the setup I have? By adding Pluto TV m3u/EPG urls directly into your Simple Client?

I'm sure it's got to be something I'm doing incorrect on my end (or perhaps an xml file I have to edit?), but I just don't have the knowledge to figure out the answer.

I appreciate your quick response!

EDIT:
Meant to quote your response, sorry about that!
Have you gone into the Pluto tv addon, settings and clicked setup iptv? That will add the addon as a source in IPTV merge and then point IPTV simple to that new file.

Using the all.m3u8 still in pvr simple and just installing an addon won't make any difference
(2023-03-05, 00:04)matthuisman Wrote: Have you gone into the Pluto tv addon, settings and clicked setup iptv? That will add the addon as a source in IPTV merge and then point IPTV simple to that new file.

Using the all.m3u8 still in pvr simple and just installing an addon won't make any difference

Looks like everything is set up now, with Pluto TV running through Merge 👍

Just curious, am I not able to get Pluto TV channels to load and play by only using the m3u/epg urls directly in Simple Client? Is there only way to get them to load is by using Merge?

Btw I've been using Merge for a while now, I just wanted to test out the multi link feature recently added into Simple Client. 😎
If I had to guess it would be user agent. The addon will set a browser user agent. The playlist directly would not

UPDATE:
it was an issue with my playlist.
all.m3u8 should now work directly in IPTV Simple and other players
(2023-03-05, 03:17)matthuisman Wrote: If I had to guess it would be user agent. The addon will set a browser user agent. The playlist directly would not

UPDATE:
it was an issue with my playlist.
all.m3u8 should now work directly in IPTV Simple and other players

YES! AWESOME! Thank you so much, everything now works perfectly! I will still be using Merge for a separate set of providers, but this adjustment you made to the Pluto TV playlist helps tremendously.
How to I get a setting for each instance?

I have two instances set but when trying to get:
```
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uPathType')
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uPath')
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uUrl')
```
it returns m3uPath from instance 1 and m3uUrl from instance 2.
(2023-03-18, 10:11)dzejms Wrote: How to I get a setting for each instance?

I have two instances set but when trying to get:
```
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uPathType')
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uPath')
xbmcaddon.Addon('pvr.iptvsimple').getSetting('m3uUrl')
```
it returns m3uPath from instance 1 and m3uUrl from instance 2.

You cannot currently. There is no Python API for multiple instances yet.
@phunkyfish 

So for the last 2 days, I have been trying to re-install PVR Simple v 20.8.1 from Kodi repo (had to uninstall to check for an IPTV Merge problem.) I get an Installation failed notification repeatedly.

Last night I downloaded the PVR Simple Nexus v 20.9.1 from the github (then it said updated 11 hours ago !) Trying to install this zip also results in failure: "...failed due to an invalid structure."

I am on Kodi 20.1 AlexElec v11.1.2 PC x86 (fork of CoreElec), which a few days ago was running PVR Simple v 20.8.1 without problems.
CoreElec builds are compiled specially and the installed from the CE repo not the Kodi repo.  This is usually down after the LibreElec release.  20.9.1 was released by a LE PR on the 23rd https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...4d2673fd6e and so it hasn't made it to CE yet.
also github is not a distribution hub like the play store, it is a place for programmers to collaborate and program stuff

so you probably cant install the zip you have because its actual source code that needs to be compiled for whatever system its going to be installed on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple now supports multiple sets of M3U/XMLTV files via instances0