New Movies not being added during media scan
I have an instance of Kodi running on a Firestick that will not add new Movies during the media scan for the last month or so. Another Kodi running on Shield is adding the new Movies (both get from same source). I can see the movies if I use the File Manager on the Firestick. Both devices are properly adding new TV Shows.

On the Firestick, I have tried removing the source from the media settings, cleaning the database, resetting and then adding the Movie source back, only for it to stop adding from the same spot as before.

Is there something else I should delete (without doing the same to TV Shows and the Watched flags)? I assume there may be something keeping track of previous videos as I notice warnings in the log file referring to TV Shows that have long been deleted even after cleaning the database (e.g. Warning -xxxx show does not exist, skipping).

Log File - https://paste.kodi.tv/giboyubahi
You are using old and deprecated scrapers for both movies and tv shows

For movies, change to... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python

For tv shows, change to... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_TVDB_v4
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks, I changed them to the those scrapers but unfortunately the newer movies still didn't get added.
(2023-02-15, 23:45)Ingme Wrote: Thanks, I changed them to the those scrapers but unfortunately the newer movies still didn't get added.
Probably because Kodi has tried scanning them so many times, that it now gives up and doesn't bother.

You need to force Kodi to think they are new. So change the folder name or filename a little bit. Add the year or remove the year.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-02-15, 23:55)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-02-15, 23:45)Ingme Wrote: Thanks, I changed them to the those scrapers but unfortunately the newer movies still didn't get added.
Probably because Kodi has tried scanning them so many times, that it now gives up and doesn't bother.

You need to force Kodi to think they are new. So change the folder name or filename a little bit. Add the year or remove the year.

Is there a file in the user data that keeps track of this, that perhaps can be deleted instead of renaming movies?
(2023-02-16, 00:00)Ingme Wrote: Is there a file in the user data that keeps track of this, that perhaps can be deleted instead of renaming movies?
Its in the MyVideos database. In both the "files" and "path" tables.
But try renaming one movie first and see if that fixes the issue. If that solves the problem then you can toy with the idea of editing the database.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Movies not being added during media scan0