Resume - not working correctly?
I'm using the built-in "resume" feature. But its not really working as I would expect.

Media & Library -> Videos -> Default select action -> Resume

The issue seems to be, when or how exactly it should trigger a save time.
So my first question is, what actually does trigger a save position?

Because If I pause and go afk, the screensaver kicks in and when I come back, it didn't save my position. Same if I go AFK and the TV shuts down after 20 min.

Like Im watching a movie currently, it does have a resume time saved because every time I start the movie it starts at the same time. Even if I keep watching for 30 min, next time it still starts at the first save time. So for some reason it didnt save the new time during those 30 minutes.
Also I can add, I have this file:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- Archos MediaCenter metadata -->
<network_database>
<path>Blabla.mkv</path>
<last_position>1219054</last_position>
<bookmark_position>0</bookmark_position>
<audio_track>0</audio_track>
<subtitle_track>2</subtitle_track>
<last_time_played>1677364206</last_time_played>
</network_database>
(2023-03-01, 18:06)Ejziponken Wrote: So my first question is, what actually does trigger a save position?

When fully stopping a video before its end. Then the entry will be saved into the Kodi video "files" database table.
Your .xml file will not be read or touched by Kodi. Is the Archos system supposed to be Kodi-compatible?
what is "Archos MediaCenter"?

nevermind answered my own question - https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai....videofree

its an independent mediaplayer and is as relatable to kodi as vlc is (as in barely)
I did try a few other resume addons, maybe that file is from one of them and would be irrelevant to this then.

Is there a way to trigger the save position with PAUSE in addition to STOP?
assuming you are using the kodi screensaver
and assuming you know how to modify addons

i might suggest modifying the screensaver addon to issue a stop command to kodi when the screensaver comes on thereby saving the resume position

assuming you are not able to modify addons

i might suggest you make a feature request to the developer of whichever screensaver addon you are using

assuming you can neither modify addons and are not using the kodi screensaver

i might suggest stopping the video when you walk away
Using a screen saver app on Nvidia shield.

Isn't it easier to just add pause in the resume feature in kodi? The kode for saving a point is already there right?
if you prefer adding things to kodi then the appropriate place for kodi feature requests would be creating a new thread here - https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume - not working correctly?0