How to stop IPTV simple client to skip duplicate links?
I'm using multiple playlist with iptv merge, some of the playlist have duplicates links but fits in the theme like language, country ect. Since the last update, all duplicates  gets merged and make holes in my listing. Exemple, i have channel A in my first playlist at position 31 and the same channel in a second playlist at position 153, it will skip 31 and only show 153. I tried almost all settings related to numbers or ect. but it didn't work. I made a clean install without iptvmerge and using only using the merged playlist and it does the same thing so it's not from there, so it must be something added recently in IPTV Simple Client. Is there a way to disable that?

Config : Kodi 20, Win 10, Lastest IPTV Simple Client
So the merged playlist has separate channels but the iptvsimple does not?

Uniqueness for channels is defined by the combining the channel name and the channel URL.

Are these different in your case or the same?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
They're both the same but from different playlist
The first one is from my own playlist and the 2nd is from IPTV ORG with the same url

in the merged one it's like this

#EXTINF:-1 group-title="M3U4U" tvg-chno="29" tvg-id="UvagutTV.ca" tvg-logo="https://i.imgur.com/RR7ATr2.png" tvg-name="Uvagut TV (1080p)",Uvagut TV (1080p)

#EXTINF:-1 group-title="IPTV ORG (Canada)" tvg-chno="212" tvg-id="UvagutTV.ca" tvg-logo="https://i.imgur.com/RR7ATr2.png",Uvagut TV (1080p)

the # 29 doesn't appear and it's being replaced by 212 from the other group , same for 27 and 172 and others channels in others playlists.

One of them would need to have a different name to appear differently.

Can you try manually configuring each list as an instance in the add-on? I.e. don’t use iptv merge. This will do what you want and is what the multi instance feature was designed to do.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Dont duplicate link, just list it once but put both group-titles seperated by semicolon i.e

group-title="M3U4U;IPTV ORG (Canada)"

They will be listed in both groups
For the majority of the playlists, it works perfectly. Thanks
It was not intentional but i was doing it the lazy way by only copy pasting multiple playlists from various country and languages in iptv merge.I didn't had any control on how the groups were made on the line except for creating them by using the source name, it worked like this for the last two years. I will try this for my local and radio one. Thanks
Is there any way to use the same channel in multiple groups without using a semicolon? I'm using IPTVBoss to manage my channels/groups and it doesn't seem like it's possible to use that method, so I'm forced to duplicate links within the M3U in order to have the same channel in more than one group.
I have my channels ordered alphabetically in my M3U, and have certain channels duplicated into groups. This creates an issue for me because for example, I have Animal Planet Canada in my "Canada" group as channel 5, as well as in my "Nature" group as channel 797.

When I go to the guide, channel 5 isn't shown at all, but channel 797 is shown in both the "Canada" group and the "Nature" group, and this throws off the alphabetical sorting in the "Canada" group, since it's now shown much further down the list due to not being in the channel 5 position.

Is there an option to turn off this "hide duplicate channels" feature?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop IPTV simple client to skip duplicate links?0