Code submission etiquette
I have never used GitHub before, so please forgive any silly questions, I simply want to confirm the correct process for contributing some code that I just worked on.

I have identified:

2 Feature enhancements
  • Add 'DD-mmm-YY' and 'DD mmm YY' to the date formats listed in the Regional settings GUI.  (These formats are already supported in the date object formatting method.)
  • Add the ability to get the raw date/time config strings via xbmc.getRegion().  ('DD/MM/YY' vs '%d/%m/%y' for example)
1 Bug
  • xbmc.getRegion() does not correctly translate all valid format strings for 'dateLong' and 'dateShort'.

My previous ranting on the topic can be found in this post.

I have already made the required changes on a copy of the source that I downloaded.  Kodi builds OK on my Ubuntu system and seems to run OK too.  I have also added some test cases into the test suite and these all pass.

My questions:

Once I have GitHub up and running on my Ubuntu build environment, can I just execute an unsolicited pull request back to the master repository with my changes?

Is there any documentation that needs to be created/updated in order to submit these changes apart from the commit/PR comments?

I have read the Contributing and Code Guidelines pages believe that my changes conform.

As the 3 issues listed above are inter-related, I plan to address them in one branch with one pull request.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Code submission etiquette0