Group problems with 2 PVR clients
Recently updated my N2plus to coreelec Nexus but i dont think its related as it was all working ok after the update.
For years ive used 2 PVR clients, pvr.hdhomerundvr and the NextPVR client.

With both running on kodi the groups have always been good. it imports the SD/HD channel groups from the HD homerun client and the groups ive created in nextPVR.
Last night i noticed theres no groups to choose from in the guide or from the channels section. Just one called ‘ALL CHANNELS’, if i disable one of the pvr clients it imports the groups correctly.
The problem only arrises with both enabled and doesnt occur on my windows laptop.
As i said ive run it this way for years, ive tried updating the clients, tried a clean kodi install on my N2.
Its never needed any ‘setting up’ just install the 2 clients and it was all good.
Any ideas?
Thank you Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
Have you „sync channel groups with backend“ enabled? Disable it.
Hi

Tried disabling that and clearing the PVR data, same problem.

Tried a fresh install on microusb with libreelec for the n2 and that's the same.

Flipping weird.

can only thing a PVR client update has borked summit.
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
You didn't provide the required logs so it hard to tell.  The first thing I recommend is you change the CE setting to wait for networking before starting Kodi, I think that might reduce the problem. 

If that doesn't fix it , a few weeks ago I created a PR for pvr.nextpvr to correct the way it connected to Kodi core because Kodi was deleting all the groups on start-up, in some conditions.  Unfortunately @sub3 has not merged the PR but you might be able to test this LE 11 RPi4 build I made that should also work on CE https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...#pid579614 

Eventually @sub3 will merge and tag the PR and it will filter to everyone.

Martin
Thanks for the reply, 

I've tried the setting for wait for network, it appears its on by default on coreelec.

Haven't got a pi to test so ill wait for a fix.

Thank you 

Matt
That LE RPi build will install on CE, the armv7 binary appears compatible, I tested that before posting. 

Really you should be posting your debug logs if you expect any change.

Martin
Hi martin

That version of the nextPVR addon fixes the issues reguarding not loading the playlists.

ive had more chance to play this morning and 'downgrading' to 20.0-Nexus also fixes the issue.

Im off work today so if you need logs etc i can do them now.

Matt

* now stopped working on 20.0-nexus
heres a debug log of the system starting when its not working ( no groups imported )

https://paste.kodi.tv/idukosexuf

Matt
Thanks for confirming Matt.   When you "downgraded" I assume you also reverted pvr.nextpvr.

Also, this change shouldn't have impacted pvr.hdhomerundvr groups so logs with PVR component logging might be useful.

Martin
I downgraded by chucking the update file for 20.0 in the update folder. 
also need a clean 20.0 install as well.

Then reset all settings back to default and installed the addons via the coreelec repo and it worked until i rebooted.

Curently running 20.1 and the problem is still there, installing your addon shows the nextpvr groups but removed the hdhomerun ones which were there before enabling your addon.

ive attached a log with PVR component logging enabled.
https://paste.kodi.tv/eqalujaqon

After a reboot the extpvr groups are they correctly but the hdhomerun ones are missing.
If i then disable the nextPVR addon, the hdhomerun groups come straight back.

Matt
There seems to be a lot of activity on the NextPVR side?  How static are your channels on the NextPVR backend?  Do you refresh the m3u file often?  Channel updates do cause a lot of activity on the Kodi side.

What are the group names not coming from zuki?

@ksooo probably needs to investigate why the aren't being import.  It doesn't look like pvr.hdhomerundvr is changing connection states but perhaps when pvr.nextpvr changes state it impacts it.

Martin
NextPVR was set up maybe 6 months ago and i havnt changed the channels etc on it since then, i was fiddling with it a bit this morning maybe thats related.

The channel groups from the zuki addon are 'SD channels' and 'HD channels'

Matt
Ok hopefully that editing was unusual there were lots of apparently unnecessary deletes and add.

Do you have the same group names duplicated in NextPVR since Kodi is looking for them from NextPVR

2023-03-27 13:19:52.746 T:3978 debug <general>: CurlFile::Open - <http://192.168.1.101:8866/service?method=channel.list&group_id=SD%20channels&sid=536612c0074143b19b7b3ecb05d4676c>

2023-03-27 13:19:51.347 T:3978 debug <general>: CurlFile::Open - <http://192.168.1.101:8866/service?method=channel.list&group_id=HD%20channels&sid=536612c0074143b19b7b3ecb05d4676c>

Also what are your user defined groups?

Martin
Hi

I have no user defined groups, just the ones given by nextpvr and the 2 given by the hdhomerun addon

Regarding the nextpvr group names i had added one of the hdhomerun tuners to nextpvr to see if i could get them to work with that, getting out of the need to run 2 addons, theyve now been removed.

Matt
From the logs  I don't know what this means, probably backend defined.

2023-03-27 13:19:51.347 T:3978 debug <general>: UpdateFromClients: 3 new user defined TV channel groups fetched from clients

My question though was do you have 'SD channels' and 'HD channels' on NextPVR as well as zuki?

Running HDHR tuners to NextPVR is quite straightforward, why did it not work?

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Group problems with 2 PVR clients0