Dolby Vision Icon detection?
Using Silvo
Windows 11
V. 20.1

Now im aware the limitations of Windows and playing Dolby Vision but i understand you can get the skin to detect and display DV icon as all my movies which are full 4k remux's are currently only displaying HDR 10?

Do I need to rename my files to include .dv. or .Dolby.vision. ect? Any help please
I do understand if it is a Kodi/Windows limitation as my display in kodi only recognises my display as HDR10 even tho its also DV compatible aswell (Sony Bravia AG8 OLED)
What does Estuary display?
Aeon Nox Silvo and Estuary both display the Dolby Vision metadata icon.  I think DV needs to be part of the filename.  Same with HDR10, etc.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2023-03-27, 19:06)brazen1 Wrote: I think DV needs to be part of the filename.
No, it's extracted when scanned.

The OP may need to rescan their videos if they were scanned prior to upgrading Kodi.
(2023-03-27, 19:06)brazen1 Wrote: Aeon Nox Silvo and Estuary both display the Dolby Vision metadata icon.  I think DV needs to be part of the filename.  Same with HDR10, etc.

Will try it thank you

UPDATE!!! added dv upon renaming file, removed, cleaned then rescanned still only showing HRD 10

Maybe have to put .dv. as .dolby.vision. ?

Will try this tmoz
(2023-03-27, 19:22)Hitcher Wrote:
(2023-03-27, 19:06)brazen1 Wrote: I think DV needs to be part of the filename.
No, it's extracted when scanned.

The OP may need to rescan their videos if they were scanned prior to upgrading Kodi.

Scanned after
(2023-03-27, 18:57)Hitcher Wrote: What does Estuary display?

No idea as I don't use estuary

I install silvo before scanning but can revert and see
The icon is based on the metadata of the file and what the device can display. If the file has Dolby Vision with backward compatibility support for HDR10 it will show HDR10 for devices that do not support Dolby Vision. If the device supports Dolby Vision and has Dolby Vision metadata then it should show a Dolby Vision icon. It makes no sense to me to show an icon, just cause, when the device will not display it. Regardless of file naming. 🤷‍♂️
Hmmm?  My display is not DV compatible.  Here is DV that is HDR10 compatible confirmed using mediainfo.  The icon shown is DV.  I assume DV overrides HDR10 compatibility based on what is displayed in the screenshot even though my display is not DV compatible.  DV is part of the filename.  I included it in case in the future I use a DV display.

This icon appears for DV that is not HDR10 compatible.  The icon displayed is DV.

And this is HDR10 with no DV.  The icon displays HDR10.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2023-03-28, 01:45)brazen1 Wrote: Hmmm?  My display is not DV compatible.  Here is DV that is HDR10 compatible confirmed using mediainfo.  The icon shown is DV.  I assume DV overrides HDR10 compatibility based on what is displayed in the screenshot even though my display is not DV compatible.  DV is part of the filename.  I included it in case in the future I use a DV display.

This icon appears for DV that is not HDR10 compatible.  The icon displayed is DV.

And this is HDR10 with no DV.  The icon displays HDR10.

Have you named as .DV. or .DOLBY.VISION. in your files please?
(2023-03-28, 01:45)brazen1 Wrote: Hmmm?  My display is not DV compatible.  Here is DV that is HDR10 compatible confirmed using mediainfo.  The icon shown is DV.  I assume DV overrides HDR10 compatibility based on what is displayed in the screenshot even though my display is not DV compatible.  DV is part of the filename.  I included it in case in the future I use a DV display.

There is no filename support for HDR in the skin. It is 100% Kodi provided by the new HDRType infolabel

My display supports Dolby Vision but my Windows PC does not so Kodi shows me HDR10 as supported.

(2023-03-28, 01:45)brazen1 Wrote: This icon appears for DV that is not HDR10 compatible.  The icon displayed is DV.
I am not entirely sure how the infolabel works so I am going off my own experience as how it appears to be working. I also do not have any Dolby Vision only files to test if it displays an unsupported HDR type if it's the only format available Undecided
(2023-03-28, 16:07)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I also do not have any Dolby Vision only files to test if it displays an unsupported HDR type if it's the only format available

You can obtain a real Dolby Vision test video here https://www.demolandia.net/4k-video-test...age-1.html  I use Amaze shown in my 2nd screenshot.  Even though my chain is not DV capable, as you see in my 1st 2 screenshots, the DV icon appears for them understanding it should not since I'm being informed 
(2023-03-28, 16:07)mikeSiLVO Wrote: There is no filename support for HDR in the skin. It is 100% Kodi provided by the new HDRType infolabel
which begs the question... why then does the DV icon appear knowing it shouldn't?  Something isn't right?  Maybe it's a v21 bug?

(2023-03-28, 17:19)brazen1 Wrote: why then does the DV icon appear knowing it shouldn't? 
It's shown whether or not your setup supports DV.
(2023-03-28, 17:24)Hitcher Wrote:
(2023-03-28, 17:19)brazen1 Wrote: why then does the DV icon appear knowing it shouldn't? 
It's shown whether or not your setup supports DV.

Not according to Mike's last screenshot which is the same type of file as my 1st screenshot.

From the PR that added the HDRType infolabel

Quote:Just a quick question, what about the files that have DV with a HDR10 layer?

They will be detected as DV. The order of detection is DV, HDR10, HLG. First match wins. If a user has DV compatible hardware then that's what will be used. If they can only play HDR10 then the flag will show DV, but they will get HDR10. This can be overridden by using an .nfo file to specify the right flag in those cases.

Presumably though, if a user has DV + HDR10, then they have the equipment to play DV and as such would want to see the DV flag. Else there is no point really in having the DV data and they might just as well have an HDR10 only version, no?

So could be NFO, v21 gobbledygook, or even some personal changes.

Edit: I read that wrong lol... I have no idea why mine isn't showing DV tags. Looks like it is supposed to Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolby Vision Icon detection?0