• 4(current)
KML2 Browser
a very nice script, thanx for that zilvershadow Smile. must also ask this. is it just me who still have lockups when browsing the meny in the newest version?.
this script is crashing a lot on my box (very anoying :-)).

there seems to be a problem in the image code that is only there when loading a lot of gif images (which is happening with this script).
i'll have a look at it to see if it can be fixed.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i feel like a fool, i don't know what i am doing wrong. i have put the script in the script dir. the python files in the python dir. and made sure all my themes had the required font files. so after that i head over and select scripts, i can see the python file in there select it and hit "a" for about half a second it falshes (running) next to the filename...

what am i missing =/

sorrie if this is a really dumb question, read though all the posts and didn't find anything. oh, i'm also using the 5/29/04 version of xbmc. thanks in advance!

edit:
just found out how to put the scritps run info to the screan, reads:
Quote:-->python initilized<--
traceback (most recent call last);
 file "q:\script\simplekml.py" , line 21,in?
   import, sys, time, string
importerror: no module named string

does this mean i am suppose to put the script on my q:? thanks again...

edit... again :

bah, don't know when i did it but at some point i must have installed the 1.0 python set. upgraded to the 1.3 and now everything is golden... well almost, i crash some time but you have heard allot about that. sorry to have killed some must space =p
(darkie @ may 31 2004,23:08 Wrote:this script is crashing a lot on my box (very anoying :-)).

there seems to be a problem in the image code that is only there when loading a lot of gif images (which is happening with this script).
i'll have a look at it to see if it can be fixed.
well darkie that would be good because i don't know exactly what to do and why it locks because it locks up randomly.
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
btw, forgot to tell it is a problem in the xbmc code, not your script. :-)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Sad 
(onkel bouncy @ may 25 2004,12:25 Wrote:wow.
amazing.
i will add a webradio-button to my music.

you can use all graphics of my hifi skin, if you want.
perhaps the best way would be the default buttons.
this will be automatically changed by each skin.
i really want to do this too.  i've tried searching these forums and am totally lost!!

can someone help?  i just want to know what i need to do (what file(s) to edit, exactly what needs to be entered into that file) to have a web radio button in 'my music' that will lauch the kml script.  

sorry for the noob question but i'm no programmer!

btw  this is the first time i've ever done anything with python.  i got this kml browser working and it's fantastic!!  brilliant stuff Smile

tia

nick

further to the above, there doesn't appear to be a home.xml file in the .rar file to overwrite the standard home.xml which the earlier release had i believe, so i can't get a webradio button on my homepage...
hello, just to jump right in. i'm a noobie, so tell me if i have done the wrong thing.

i transfered all the files to my box.
python (v1.3) files to e:\apps\xbmc\python
kmlbrowser (v0.9) files to e:\apps\xbmc\scripts

i then copied the python files from the kmlbrowser.rar to
e:\apps\xbmc\python

is this all i have to do as far as copying files to the box is concerned?

i then open xbmc (26\5 build and running media center skin) and go to settings\general\scripts. i then run the simplekml.py script. when it is loading it say's that it can't retrieve the image files, then it just hangs.

the box is connected online because the weather and cddb\imdb is working.

has anyone else seen this problem, and how to fix it?
hi all ,

im toho of the team streampack (http://www.gueux.net/xbmc-stream)

nice job , your script is excellent , i love this ^^

good work

do you project to add item ?? (rip,quality,..afine search etc..)?

other question , this scrypt is connected to a data base ?

it's possible to add this script in future xbmc wip ?

have you created a scrypt for the tv pack ?

this is a great idea for tv stream, no ?

do you want to work with the streampack for creating a script for us ??

if yes contact me , or visit the site : )

thanks for this share , and future version^^

++
this is a fantastic looking script.. and, i think it's gonna be brilliant... but, like so many other people here, it randomly locks up on my xbox. completely random. it's very odd.

d.
Quote:this is a fantastic looking script.. and, i think it's gonna be brilliant... but, like so many other people here, it randomly locks up on my xbox. completely random. it's very odd.
a temporarily solution would be to use png files instead of gifs. dunno if it's possible with this script though

(darkie @ june 03 2004,17:08 Wrote:
Quote:this is a fantastic looking script.. and, i think it's gonna be brilliant... but, like so many other people here, it randomly locks up on my xbox.  completely random.  it's very odd.
a temporarily solution would be to use png files instead of gifs. dunno if it's possible with this script though
from what i understand the script download all the images every time its used (or use the ones in cache). which would mean that only images defined in the original code can be used?
just tried using ver.10. currently have the same problems as weedboy: script starts and then hangs with a "retrieving images" message.

the last version i had was 0.7 and that worked very well fo me but i overwrote it with the new installl. tried 0.5 from the download page but that's having problms as well. has something changed at the site?
this thing is pretty cool :thumbsup:

would it be possible to change the textures for the buttons?

the "main menu"/"go back..." button on top of the lists should have the same textures like the two buttons in the title screen imo or a tleast something else than just inverting the font. that would be pretty cool.

also i would really apreciate a "record" button :d

what can i say...  :bowdown:

just love it...  :thumbsup:
zilvershadow would it be possible to keep the old versions of your script available for download. i have the feeling the old version 7 did not have the problem of locking up the xbox. unfortunately i overwrote my download with the latest version.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KML2 Browser0