How to stop the episode list from resetting position.
Title wasn't long enough for full TLDR.

TLDR - I want to stop Kodi from resetting episode/movie list position when I mark/unmark something as watched.

Breakdown
All Kodi versions after 16 to my dismay have one very VERY annoying feature that is present on multiple PC's, operating systems and also present on android/fire cube versions in that every time I mark something as watched or unwatched the bar STAYS on that particular item and doesnt change (Before for TV shows I could just hold down "W" key and it would go through the entire list ( I was lazy and holding W was easier than mouse/keyboard going back and flagging everything as watched lol) but now it stays on what I have selected, doesn't budge which isnt THAT much of a problem but it keeps resetting that highlighted item to the bottom of the list.

I have a visual aid of my inquiry below so you can understand what I am talking about but I want to know if there is something to edit to get the old 16 kodi way of handling library back because it is REALLY failing now as it won't scrape all of Killjoys or Chicago PD, on Killjoys it does the last 3 episodes of S3 and then S4+5 completely and Chicago PD I believe does seasons 6>8 and thats it.  I really want to upgrade but this list handling is a major annoyance.

The first instance is V16 where it will select next item and not reset list position and the second part is basically every version of kodi since which does the complete opposite.
NGL, I've never complained but yeah it's super annoying. You have it set to filter for only 'unwatched' content, you mark something as watched, and boom you go to the top/start of the list such as with movies.
(2023-05-16, 03:18)DJ_Izumi Wrote: NGL, I've never complained but yeah it's super annoying. You have it set to filter for only 'unwatched' content, you mark something as watched, and boom you go to the top/start of the list such as with movies.

oh god I forgot about that, the whole change since 16 is whats kept me on it but I think im pushing the limits of 16 now in terms of scraper not wigging out on me.

It HAS to be application change because ive tried literally every skin when ive tried an updated version and its always the same, why would it be changed to not move when flagging something and why on earth would you change it to make ti shift the whole list position when you do.

I am hoping there is a setting somewhere to be edited to stop this behavior.
Interesting timing, I started looking at this a few days before your posts.
There are no settings controlling this, a code change was needed.
It took a while to come up with a decent fix but it's submitted now, waiting for review/approval of other team members.
I could share some builds if you're interested in testing before this is accepted.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
would you please link your PR @CrystalP i would like to see what you came up with
Sure, here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/23311
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
(2023-05-20, 23:24)CrystalP Wrote: Interesting timing, I started looking at this a few days before your posts.
There are no settings controlling this, a code change was needed.
It took a while to come up with a decent fix but it's submitted now, waiting for review/approval of other team members.
I could share some builds if you're interested in testing before this is accepted.

Oh that is fantastic news, as I mentioned this was the only thing really stopping me from updating.  Although missing Neon skin would be #1 disappointment of updating (I really, REALLY loved this skin) the list issue just really irritates me.

tmdb scraper just doesnt pick up shows properly, goes to wrong ones etc etc and the tv scraper doesnt seem to pick up seasons or only half of seasons and its 50/50 if it decides to was to see the rest of the info when I update library lol, was hoping the scrapers would last forever so I could stay on kodi 16

Is it possible to dumb down what changes were made that stopped the behavior after V16?
A functionality to remember the navigation through multiple folder levels like in Videos and Photos was added.
It interfered with the selection in the case of watched status change, because it couldn't restore the selection to the item that just disappeared from the list.
Instead it defaulted to the first item of the list, the ".." at the top.
Would a mod please move this thread to OS independent / Other, it's not Windows related.
(2023-05-21, 17:55)CrystalP Wrote: A functionality to remember the navigation through multiple folder levels like in Videos and Photos was added.
It interfered with the selection in the case of watched status change, because it couldn't restore the selection to the item that just disappeared from the list.
Instead it defaulted to the first item of the list, the ".." at the top.

Worst trade deal in the history of trade deals Big Grin

Appreciate the info and eagerly await this ability being restored.
Has there been any update on this front do you know CrystalP?
It was merged in v21 (available in alpha 3 for example) but won't be backported to v20 since not a bug fix.
Sweet, thanks for the follow up Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop the episode list from resetting position.0