Android Add a source - general question
Maybe I'm totally incapable but I just can't figure out how to add my external drive as a source to the Kodi movies section.

It's already on the pictures section but I've got no idea how I got there.

Back to Movies: If I click 'Enter Files section', I get to 'Add Videos'.

But on the list my Elements hard drive isn't listed.

Here is my Kodi system info.

And my Nvidia Shield system info.

Would be really cool if someone could tell me what's what because I feel like riding around in circles here.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library
(2023-05-17, 21:45)floyd_2023 Wrote: Back to Movies: If I click 'Enter Files section', I get to 'Add Videos'.

Isn't it already listed? "Elements"
What happens when you select it? Can't you navigate to the movie folder in Elements, then from the Context Menu select "Set Content"?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That's the options I have then:

Use Change Content.

It means that folder is already set as a Source. Change Content will allow you to adjust the settings.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I did it but it still looks like this:

(2023-05-18, 02:24)floyd_2023 Wrote: I did it but it still looks like this:
Ok, but you need to scrape your movies into the library for them to appear in the library view.
Check the settings in "Change Content" Make sure the scraper settings are as they should be for your preference.
Then from the Context Menu select "Scan for new content"
See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Changing_Scrapers
My Signature
Is this the only possibility?

As I understand it, scrapers give me internet pictures for movies, whereas I did screenshots for all of my movies and added them as 'movie title'-poster.jpgs.

If you look at 'pictures', Elements is already listed.

But I for the life of me can't tell how I got there.
I didn't mean 'Pictures' but 'Videos'.
(2023-05-18, 02:57)floyd_2023 Wrote: scrapers give me internet pictures for movies, whereas I did screenshots for all of my movies and added them as 'movie title'-poster.jpg
Then when you run the scraper, your local images will be used.
Make sure they are correctly named or Kodi will ignore them... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork

(2023-05-18, 02:57)floyd_2023 Wrote: Is this the only possibility?
Well, it depends what you want to achieve. If you want your movies listed in the Library, then yes this is the only possibility.
If you just want to scroll through your list of movies in your file structure, then you don't need to do anything and go to Videos>Elements>Sources. But you will never populate the library this way.
My Signature
@floyd_2023

Provide a screenshot of one of your movie folders so I can clearly see all the files, video file, artwork etc.
I'll check if you have named it correctly.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add a source - general question0