How to manually edit the database? Changes made in SQL are lost when kodi restarts.
Hi there,
I am trying to manually edit my tv.db since I want to hide a bunch of channels and don't want to manually go through it.
So what I am doing is exit kodi. Open my tv.db on SqliteBrowser run my sql query write changes and start kodi agains.
But all changes I made to the table are reverted. What am I missing?
Thanks
What you're missing is that you shouldn't do that.  The channel database is updated from your PVR backend at every startup.  That is not an optional feature, and it can't be disabled.  If you don't want certain channels, you either need to remove them from your PVR or create a channel group and then switch to that channel group in Kodi.
Right, but if I click on the "Active" option in the channel manager UI the hide column will be changed in a persistent way? Is this "option" saved elsewhere?
If I can't change the database manually, what option do I have to emulate that I have clicked on the "Active" on the UI for a bunch of channels?
I definitely don't want to manually hide 200+ channels when it's extremely easy to automate this task since I just want to keep the channels that have "HD" in the name.
So I dig a bit in the source and found "PROPERTY_CHANNEL_USER_SET_HIDDEN" at GUIDialogPVRChannelManager.cpp, this is what am I looking for right?
Where is this saved? Could not find it..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to manually edit the database? Changes made in SQL are lost when kodi restarts.0