TV show trailers
Hi all, quick question re: TV show trailers. I read the wiki and understand how to do it. Is there a way to do multiple trailers, for example for season 1, season 2, etc? Or just one trailer per folder? Thanks!
One trailer per tv show, unfortunately.
There is no provision in the Kodi database to hold more than one trailer.

You can use the Extras addon and save the other trailers in the Extras folder.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you. For scanning the NFO file, do you just scan it to the library like any other file? When/how do you get the trailer to play, once those steps in the Wiki are completed? Thanks again!
(2023-05-25, 21:11)pauls156 Wrote: For scanning the NFO file, do you just scan it to the library like any other file?
Yep, just run an Update Library and Kodi will find the nfo file if it has been named and saved correctly.
If you are not sure, post a screenshot of your tvshow folder so I can clearly see the files and extensions.

(2023-05-25, 21:11)pauls156 Wrote: When/how do you get the trailer to play, once those steps in the Wiki are completed?
From the Information Page...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I was trying to make it easy on myself and enable trailers in the settings for the TMDB tv shows app but I’m getting a 403 error quota exceeded for the Tubed app. Tried to change it to YouTube. No luck. Tried to increase the cache size as some websites suggest. No luck. Movie trailers are working just fine. What would you suggest?
(2023-05-26, 03:42)pauls156 Wrote: I was trying to make it easy on myself and enable trailers in the settings for the TMDB tv shows app but I’m getting a 403 error quota exceeded for the Tubed app. Tried to change it to YouTube. No luck. Tried to increase the cache size as some websites suggest. No luck. Movie trailers are working just fine. What would you suggest?
it seems tubed has had that issue for some time now - https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...issues/226

for issues related to the youtube addon - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356934
Anything I can do to get the error to go away?
(2023-05-26, 04:10)pauls156 Wrote: Anything I can do to get the error to go away?

the developer has to fix that in tubed, it is YouTube telling you that you have exceeded quota so since you personally havent been binge watching youtube i would guess that the addon itself is blocked because of quota
Shoot. I realized as I was trying to make the NFO that I’m not computer savvy enough as I was going through the instructions to do it. Tried to do it the easy way.
(2023-05-26, 04:12)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-05-26, 04:10)pauls156 Wrote: Anything I can do to get the error to go away?

the developer has to fix that in tubed, it is YouTube telling you that you have exceeded quota so since you personally havent been binge watching youtube i would guess that the addon itself is blocked because of quota

That is likely the case.  With my You Tube trailer downloader that I wrote for my solution I limit users to 400 You Tube downloads per day.  When I pulled down all 7,900+ trailers for local playback in my library I let it go up to just over 500 per day and never got throttled by You Tube.  I did see a few formats which had throttling but those were trailer specific.  Part of this could be which You Tube downloader the addon is using.  Some of the older ones are slow and limited.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-05-26, 17:11)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2023-05-26, 04:12)jepsizofye Wrote:

That is likely the case.  With my You Tube trailer downloader that I wrote for my solution I limit users to 400 You Tube downloads per day.  When I pulled down all 3,700+ trailers for local playback in my library I let it go up to just over 500 per day and never got throttled by You Tube.  I did see a few formats which had throttling but those were trailer specific.  Part of this could be which You Tube downloader the addon is using.  Some of the older ones are slow and limited.

Thanks,

Jeff

right on

i too wrote a custom solution, it automates searching the imdb trailers addon and plays the first result when a trailer is requested - nearly perfect accuracy using listitem details to search by title+year

nothing production worthy but when youre a coder you make things to help yourself

i havent had any luck with youtube+kodi in any capacity personally
What would you guys suggest as the best bet for getting trailers for tv show?
(2023-05-26, 18:59)pauls156 Wrote: What would you guys suggest as the best bet for getting trailers for tv show?

I don't have any real experience with stand-alone Kodi with You Tube trailers and Kodi with other Kodi addons.  My solution is based upon Mezzmo and the Mezzmo Kodi addon, which integrates with Kodi, provides  many movie trailer features including up to 20 trailers per movie, Mezzmo Movie Previews which creates a theater like experience, local trailer hosting for 1080P trailer / high quality playback etc and more.  This solution is a bit different than what most Kodi users are doing unless you have multiple Kodi clients etc.  It's all built-in to the Mezzmo Kodi addon which I author.  It's got quite a number of other cool features for Kodi beyond trailers.  Smile

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
How about for tv trailers? The trailers for the movies are working just fine.
(2023-05-25, 21:46)Karellen Wrote:
(2023-05-25, 21:11)pauls156 Wrote: For scanning the NFO file, do you just scan it to the library like any other file?
Yep, just run an Update Library and Kodi will find the nfo file if it has been named and saved correctly.
If you are not sure, post a screenshot of your tvshow folder so I can clearly see the files and extensions.

(2023-05-25, 21:11)pauls156 Wrote: When/how do you get the trailer to play, once those steps in the Wiki are completed?
From the Information Page...

Ok so if I go the NFO route, am I doing this correctly:

E:\TV Shows\Ozark\Season 1, Season 2, tvshow-trailer.mp4 (ie, Season 1 folder, Season 2 folder, and the trailer video are within the Ozark folder)

Then create an NFO file and scan it in to the Ozark folder, along with the seasons and trailer video? For the NFO if using a program, how do you/where do you list the full path to the trailer? Red-K NFO Creator looks to be the easiest for me to use…

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show trailers0