Req Reload subtitle shortcut
Hi

I usually edit subtitles fixing issues while I'm seeing a movie in Kodi. I use my remote control to move inside kodi, and of course if has a limited number of buttons to map.
Every time that I modifiy a line in a subtitle, I need to go to Subtitles - Browse for subtitle... - select the subtitle - OK and then click in Play to get the subtitle reloaded.

I know that there is an option to move to the next subtitle, but currently movies has more than 10 subtitules, it's painful turn around all of them.
Please add that feature.

Regards
(2023-05-25, 23:01)EloyFarina Wrote: Every time that I modifiy a line in a subtitle, I need to go to Subtitles - Browse for subtitle... - select the subtitle - OK and then click in Play to get the subtitle reloaded.
Kodi should pick with the same subtitle after its video is paused and restarted, and then also reloads the same subtitle file (with modifications). Such things are stored in the Kodi video database in the streamdetails of every video.

(2023-05-25, 23:01)EloyFarina Wrote: I know that there is an option to move to the next subtitle, but currently movies has more than 10 subtitules, it's painful turn around all of them.
There is a relative easy way to get rid of internal subtitles in a .mkv file using ffmpeg. I clean up all my mkv files as I don't need 10+ subtitle languages. And, external subtitle files have precedence over internal subtitle streams anyway AFAIK.
Hi Klojum, thanks for your comment.
About "Kodi should pick with the same subtitle after its video is paused and restarted, and then also reloads the same subtitle file (with modifications)" that's not happening. I have to reload manually.
I would like to press a key/button and reload automatically instead of follow the already mentioned steps.

About "There is a relative easy way to get rid of internal subtitles in a .mkv file using ffmpeg. I clean up all my mkv files as I don't need 10+ subtitle languages"
I don't want to remove the subtitles of mkvs. I only mentioned because I know that if I move it to the next subtitle and then go back, subtitle is reloaded. But as I mentioned previously, I use a remote control with limited buttons. I only can set 1 button for this. "Next subtitle" or "Previous subtitle"
In each case I need to move for all them until get my subtitle reloaded.

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reload subtitle shortcut0