Restore Kodi from Files on Firestick
Hello,

I've really been getting into all the latest releases, mods, and truly doing my best to understand the basic ins and outs of Kodi. As I continue to dive deeper, I find so much more to learn. As of right now, I have a bit of a delimma which I'm sure many of you have dealt with.

I made the mistake of reading info from another website about using the backup add-on and proceeded to do a fresh install of Kodi 20.2, thinking, according to this site, I could go through the backup add-on and restore everything as it once was, without actually completing the backup first. The way it read, it seemed as long as I had retained all my files, I could run and restore by finding my file location and selecting it.

This apparently is not the case as I follow these steps and when I go to select the files, they don't appear there, even though the browse location is set correctly and the files are in that location when looking at them in X-Plore. I can see, even though I'm in the original Estuary skin, all of my add-ons and even the latts repo I have. But it didn't not build everything back together as I had anticipated.

So my question is, if I have all the files available, is there a way for me to still do this? Then moving forward will definitely take advantage of the backup add-on! Please advise.

Lesson learned. Thankfully, I've been toying with this so much, it probably wouldn't take me long to just rebuild it all manually but if I can save some time and effort, I'd like to try
Okay, So I don't know how well this will end up working but I did figure out, when I created a backup using the Backup Add-on, it created a folder for the backup. I was then able to put my files into that location and it appears to be restoring We'll see what the results are. I did receive an error message at the very beginning of running the restore, that indicated a zip file wasn't located. So it may be, that a zip for the back up files does need to be created in order for it to properly restore but we'll see shortly!

Well, it did the same as if I were to have manually transferred the files. All the addons and skins are there but the customizations and actual re-building of kodi doesn't appear to have occurred. Its still in Estuary build no customizations. Is this the way it actually works? As per usual, there is likely a user error along the way also. Any thoughts or insight are appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restore Kodi from Files on Firestick0