Populate skin defined WindowXML from Python?
Hi,

I am a complete noob at this, but I am trying to create and populate an EPG grid with data my addon scrapes from a local tv broadcaster. Right now I am outputting the channel list to an m3u and the EPG to an XMLTV file and the user can use iptvsimple to have EPG as well as a proper channel list. However the TV broadcaster allows you to set recordings for some broadcasts which isn't supported by iptvsimple.

Therefore I decided to dig into WindowXML. For now I am trying to populate the default MyPVRGuide.xml from estuary. I cooked up a service addon with the following code: gesehivaxe (paste)

I have been using https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/1c65bb...RGuide.xml and this thread to take inspiration.

Upon running the code above I was really shocked, because the header 'test' is actually rendered and I see a very similar window like the built-in guide window. So far so good. However I cannot get the grid to display or work. And the header has Radio instead of TV.

Is there some way to have kodi dump the ids and values it uses to render skin xmls? It would greatly increase my productivity since I am just starting to get a grasp of how these xmls call and include each other. I am not even sure if 10 is the grid id in estuary.

Am I on the right track? Or should I give up on this and just write my own grid instead?

Also, is it true that I cannot use these windowxmls from a plugin.video addon?

Thanks
(2023-07-10, 13:42)Mr Dini Wrote: Hi,

I am a complete noob at this, but I am trying to create and populate an EPG grid with data my addon scrapes from a local tv broadcaster. Right now I am outputting the channel list to an m3u and the EPG to an XMLTV file and the user can use iptvsimple to have EPG as well as a proper channel list. However the TV broadcaster allows you to set recordings for some broadcasts which isn't supported by iptvsimple.

Therefore I decided to dig into WindowXML. For now I am trying to populate the default MyPVRGuide.xml from estuary. I cooked up a service addon with the following code: gesehivaxe (paste)

I have been using https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/1c65bb...RGuide.xml and this thread to take inspiration.

Upon running the code above I was really shocked, because the header 'test' is actually rendered and I see a very similar window like the built-in guide window. So far so good. However I cannot get the grid to display or work. And the header has Radio instead of TV.

Is there some way to have kodi dump the ids and values it uses to render skin xmls? It would greatly increase my productivity since I am just starting to get a grasp of how these xmls call and include each other. I am not even sure if 10 is the grid id in estuary.

Am I on the right track? Or should I give up on this and just write my own grid instead?

Also, is it true that I cannot use these windowxmls from a plugin.video addon?

Thanks
This isn't possible from python (Kodi's EPG controls are not exposed for python use). Your best bet is to look into creating a binary PVR plugin.

As for windowxml it's unorthodox to use them in plugin's, normally only scripts.

You could create custom plugin context menu options that send record commands to your plugin.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Regarding your last paragraph: that's the goal. However I would need to display the data and the corresponding channels in a grid view to have it displayed conveniently.

I don't want to hook into the existing epg menu, I just want to use the skin's xml to render a similar grid and have this launched from my addon. It's a video type addon, but I can make it call a script dependency in case.

Tldr I would like to have an epg grid with a custom context menu. And looking for an optimal way to accomplish that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Populate skin defined WindowXML from Python?0