Recently added episodes
Hello everybody,

is there a way to replace the 'recently added episodes' in the main menu with 'TV-shows with recently added episodes'?
At least for me adding a full season is way more common than adding single episodes. When adding a full season all those episodes will occupy the 'recently added episodes' anyway. So grouping those into single TV-show entries seems a lot more useful to me.

Thanks in advance,
vonson
Not without modifying the skin.  There are widgets for In Progress TV Shows (anything with at least one episode marked as watched) and Unwatched TV Shows (anything where no episode is marked as watched), but they are set to show in random and not recent order.  My Estuary mod has an extra widget for Unwatched/In Progress TV Shows, but it's still sorted random and not most recent.  If you do use my Estuary mod, you could technically modify the recent_unwatched_episodes.xsp playlist so it sorts by date added instead:
Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>Unwatched and in Progress TV shows</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>15</limit>
    <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>
That would kind of do what I think you want.
Hi pkscout,

thanks for your reply. Sorry for my late reaction, real life issues had me distracted.
I use my own modified version of estuary which I have adjusted to my taste, so I'd prefer to stay with it rather than using another skin/mod.
I'm not experienced with skin modding, it is rather complicated for me, I do not understand most of it, so I'm quite happy that I was able to make those small adjustments successfully.
Is there a way to use the wiget from your mod in my own mod?
(2023-08-23, 21:44)vonson Wrote: Hi pkscout,

thanks for your reply. Sorry for my late reaction, real life issues had me distracted.
I use my own modified version of estuary which I have adjusted to my taste, so I'd prefer to stay with it rather than using another skin/mod.
I'm not experienced with skin modding, it is rather complicated for me, I do not understand most of it, so I'm quite happy that I was able to make those small adjustments successfully.
Is there a way to use the wiget from your mod in my own mod?
Not easily.  Adding another widget is a non-trivial task.  But since you're using your own mod, it might be easiest to just change one of the existing playlists that power one of the current widgets.  You have to pick one of the show ones, as they are the ones that have posters instead of thumbnails.  If you look in the playlists folder of your Estuary mod, you'll see them all there.  I'd suggest changing unwatched_tvshows.xsp.  I think if you use the code I posted above in that playlist then if you use the Unwatched TV Shows widget in Estuary it will show you the list the way I described.
Thank you for the detailed explanation, I'll look into it, but it might be out of my competence zone... Smile
Anyway, I will do some experiments and probably be back with more questions. It may take a while though. But again, thank you very much for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently added episodes0