Solved Wrong Name, Post Art for Ripped Movies
Howdy.  I recently updated to Kodi 20.2, and noticed some of my video library is wonky and seems limited to numbered series.

When browsing the movies library, The Godfather III is displayed twice instead of Godfather II and Godfather III -but- the correct movie plays when clicked.  Same thing with Kill Bill Volumes I & II.  Also, options like "Information" and "Manage" are not available when I right-click on the Godfather movers.

I've test with 3x different skins and the behavior is the same, and I've already cleaned the library a couple of times.

All four movies are MKV files if that makes any difference.  Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks in advance.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
(2023-08-13, 22:06)dshorrosh Wrote: When browsing the movies library, The Godfather III is displayed twice instead of Godfather II and Godfather III
Sounds like a filenaming issue that has confused the scraper.
Post a screenshot of the Godfather II folder so we can see the files.

To fix...
Refresh the title from the Information page, and pick the correct movie from the list. If its not in the list, click on Manual and type the correct name.
Or
Use a Parsing nfo file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Parsing
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Think the scraper is a bit confused as to what movie you are asking it to assign, the usual solution is to put the date in parenthesis after the movie title, just do this manually then in Kodi (file/video mode) locate the files in question, bring up the metadata for it (if you've changed the name, it will bring the scraper), or in the information page on the extreme right of the action buttons > you will see a refresh button (you may have to scroll this), the scraper will give you a choice of films to pick. This behaviour is the same on all skins.. although the refresh button moves around a bit.

e.g. - The Godfather (1972), The Godfather Part II (1974), The Godfather Part III (1990)

Naming video files/Movies (wiki)
Thank you for your responses - I use the flat folder hierarchy, and adding the dates to those movies and then cleaning the library did the trick.  Odd that I don't get the 'information' or 'manage' options though.

Thanks!
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
(2023-08-13, 23:41)dshorrosh Wrote: Odd that I don't get the 'information' or 'manage' options though
https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Information_Page
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Cool, thanks.  I use a tablet remote app and totally whiffed on using 'i' from the keyboard.  All good.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong Name, Post Art for Ripped Movies0