Back end problem with Kodi17.5 krypton
Hi I have playlist loader on my Kodi but when I add a new playlist it does not show so I oaded a single list and received the message I needed back end software or a card.
I don't have a card and I need to know which back end software I need and how to load it onto Kodi
Thread moved to OS independent, as it has nothing to do with the wiki nor does it give much information as to what system is in use.

It sounds like you are trying to use the PVR (wiki) aspect of Kodi but without a backend to provide it, which will not work.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi thanks for the reply I was hoping some one could tell me where to get abackend from and how to load it
Look in the link I provided above (PVR (wiki)) and the ones from it on the wiki.

It depends on what you want to do. If you already have an IPTV provider then something like IPTV Simple can handle that.
If you want live TV from an aerial or dish, then something like TVHeadend or one of the others can be a solution, but that's where you need the hardware to go with it to translate the signal into something digital on your network so that the backend can capture and handle it.

Personally I have two HDHomerun boxes fed by a roof aerial, and those feed a TVHeadend server running on my NAS box.
But there are several other options which you can see in the PVR & Live TV Support section of the forum. Which one is appropriate for you and your needs is down to you to decide. But with the exception of IPTV Simple, all need hardware of some sort, and of course all require some source of media (either an aerial, a dish or an IPTV provider).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It's worth noting that Kodi 17 is no longer support.  Honestly, neither is Kodi 18.  And technically Kodi 19 isn't either (although it's current enough that you'll get decent support for it).  Kodi 20 is the current (and supported) version, so you really should upgrade to a supported version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back end problem with Kodi17.5 krypton0