Linux Streaming kodi to another computer.
I have installed Kodi on an old Mac mini from 2012 running Linux Mint. On that Mac Kodi seems to run as expected.
If i try to use another computer on the same net, connecting via Firefox and port 80 I see a version of the interface to Kodi, but
when I start to play a video it starts running on the Kodi server computer, not on the client. Am I completely misunderstanding the workings or just
missing some trivial settings?
(2023-09-25, 15:17)falke Wrote: I have installed Kodi on an old Mac mini from 2012 running Linux Mint. On that Mac Kodi seems to run as expected.
If i try to use another computer on the same net, connecting via Firefox and port 80 I see a version of the interface to Kodi, but
when I start to play a video it starts running on the Kodi server computer, not on the client. Am I completely misunderstanding the workings or just
missing some trivial settings?

Remote playback of Kodi requires leveraging Kodi UPnP, remote SMB mounts or another sharing solution

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-07-28, 16:06)jepsizofye Wrote: those buttons are for controlling kodi's playback remotely afaik

kodi isn't intended to be a media server, it is a client

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373921

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming kodi to another computer.0