Solved adding advancedsettings.xml in Android 13
Hi all,

I am struggeling a bit to create the advancedsettings.xml in my Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ directory. I am running Android 13 on a Pixel 7 and since Android 13 this directory is protected. 

First I tried to connect via PC and copy the files, but the permission is denied. Then I tried using different file explorers on the device like total commander or FV File Explorer. I then am able to get access to Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files, but I won't get write access to the userdata directory. Google Files only displays the Android/data/ as an empty directory.

So, any other ideas to try? Any chance to create and change files in that directory or any other way to link to my local database?

Cheers
Felix
Try use kodi build file manager. In ATV12 and 11 the userdata folder visible there, as profile directory.
Hi frodo19,

if I understand you correctly, I should use the built in file manager from Kodi. With this, I cannot get access to Android/data/.

Any other way to get the correct database connection to the android app? 

Cheers
Felix
(2023-10-04, 18:01)Phlix Wrote: if I understand you correctly, I should use the built in file manager from Kodi. With this, I cannot get access to Android/data/.

yes, you understood correctly but misinterpreted - kodi does not need to access Android/data/, it needs to access Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/

using the file manager, add a source to special://profile then copy to that location

reference -

https://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager

https://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol

if kodi cannot access Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/ then it is completely broken and would not even start - this is where everything is stored beyond the installation files
Hi jepsizofye,

thanks a lot, that did work perfectly! :-)

Cheers
Felix
you're welcome
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adding advancedsettings.xml in Android 130