Kodi on Firecube 3rd gen wont display TrueHD
(2023-10-06, 19:31)jepsizofye Wrote: actually recommending using root methods to users who may not be technical enough to do so safely ... very bold

hope it all goes well
Read carefully.
Just the stuck firmware Update forced.
so was working through this but just casually tried to update normally and it's just pulled through 7.6.6.4. Huge update and the more apps icon is back. Now I have to wait for the missus to go to best so I can test it on the atmos soundbar!
we're in business baby!!!

All capabilities have been reunited Smile

Thanks for sussing out it was the firmware stuck at 7.2.9.9!!!
ah the old 'if it doesnt work make sure everything is updated' trick

GJ frodo
In my defence I had no idea some fire cubes were stuck on broken firmware. It was telling me I had the latest firmware so why would I doubt that.
(2023-10-06, 21:10)neilrlsmith Wrote: In my defence I had no idea some fire cubes were stuck on broken firmware. It was telling me I had the latest firmware so why would I doubt that.

Glad to hear you've got there. Cube didn't do the HD-Audio passthrough at launch so explains everything Smile
(2023-10-07, 11:15)b1ggles Wrote:
(2023-10-06, 21:10)neilrlsmith Wrote: In my defence I had no idea some fire cubes were stuck on broken firmware. It was telling me I had the latest firmware so why would I doubt that.

Glad to hear you've got there. Cube didn't do the HD-Audio passthrough at launch so explains everything Smile
Easy when problem finally identified!!

Yep one of my buddy's cube has stucked on early fw, and not updated itself. We made that, what in xda forum written.
With adb commands forced the update.
Your seems like self updated. All good now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Firecube 3rd gen wont display TrueHD0