Kodi on Firecube 3rd gen wont display TrueHD
So I have 21.0 Alpha3 build (20.90.301 so latest nightly build)) on the Fire Cube 3rd gen (latest update). In the FC audio settings whether I choose 'Best available or DDS+ as passthrough both show DTS-HD plus E-AC3 in Kodi's audio settings.

Under Kodi/settings/audio I have selected Android packer (the main post says to choose recommended packer but that doesn't as give me DTS-HD which is weird as I thought the FC couldn't pass that through!!!). Anyway, I cannot for the life of me find a combination of settings that shows Kodi 'seeing' TrueHD capability on the FC which is the main thing the FC is advertised as doing!!

Does anyone have any ideas please as I'm tearing my hair out Smile
(2023-10-06, 11:17)neilrlsmith Wrote: So I have 21.0 Alpha3 build (20.90.301 so latest nightly build)) on the Fire Cube 3rd gen (latest update). In the FC audio settings whether I choose 'Best available or DDS+ as passthrough both show DTS-HD plus E-AC3 in Kodi's audio settings.

Under Kodi/settings/audio I have selected Android packer (the main post says to choose recommended packer but that doesn't as give me DTS-HD which is weird as I thought the FC couldn't pass that through!!!). Anyway, I cannot for the life of me find a combination of settings that shows Kodi 'seeing' TrueHD capability on the FC which is the main thing the FC is advertised as doing!!

You've left out the most important bit of info which is what does the device you have it plugged into support, as that is what dictates what Kodi shows as available. If into a TV there's every chance it doesn't do HD-Audio passthrough to whatever audio device you have.
(2023-10-06, 13:59)b1ggles Wrote:
(2023-10-06, 11:17)neilrlsmith Wrote: So I have 21.0 Alpha3 build (20.90.301 so latest nightly build)) on the Fire Cube 3rd gen (latest update). In the FC audio settings whether I choose 'Best available or DDS+ as passthrough both show DTS-HD plus E-AC3 in Kodi's audio settings.

You've left out the most important bit of info which is what does the device you have it plugged into support, as that is what dictates what Kodi shows as available. If into a TV there's every chance it doesn't do HD-Audio passthrough to whatever audio device you have.
Apologies! The FC is HDMI directly in to Atmos/DTS-HD soundbar (Samsung Q800A). The soundbar is then HDMI to a standard ARC HDMI on my TV.

I do have the luxury of a Shield Pro and TrueHD on Kodi shows there. That's why this is clearly a Kodi/FC issue..For a variety of reasons I would much prefer the cube but if it's a myriad of combinations, I think I'll have to send it back! Weird though as other people say they TrueHD om Kodi on the FC.
It works perfectly on mine connected to my Denon AVR so something is not right at your end, think I'm on the same build as you too.

You definitely need it on 'Best available' and to use the Kodi IEC packer, is everything set up like the below post bar the Marantz setting obviously?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3141520
Really appreciate you helping here. I’m not at home but I can tell you just best available and dd+ do not show TrueHD on kodi. And changing to kodi packer actually removes DTSHD!!

It’s a mind f*** tbh not least because kodi on the shield shows everything so it can’t be my soundbar or hdmi link set up
(2023-10-06, 14:50)neilrlsmith Wrote: And changing to kodi packer actually removes DTSHD!!

only the Kodi IEC is under Kodi's control - if you use RAW then you are expecting the underlying android to handle it, which in this case is not capable

so what you should be asking is why DTSHD doesnt work when using the Kodi IEC because that is the only thing that could be affected by Team-Kodi

for myself, everything works perfectly on a nightly alpha from the end of july after fritsch merged his fixes from this thread - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371883

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... Debug Log

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Since newer versions of FireOS debug logging has been downgraded to INFO level only at the OS level and you may need to enable DEBUG via adb - see here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=371987
(Note: Enabling debug logging at the OS level does not enable it in Kodi, this is a separate operation. Be sure to set it back to INFO after no longer using it.)
I have a Firetv Cube 3rd Gen myself, combined with a Marantz AVR, I use kodi's IEC packer. All codecs are working.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@neilrlsmith
What your cube fw version?
7299?
(2023-10-06, 18:07)frodo19 Wrote: @neilrlsmith
7299?

Yes 7.2.9.9

Have mirrored the settings in the thread and using 'best available' and Kodi IEC I get DD (AC3) capable receiver (On), enable DD transcoding (Off), DTS capable receiver (On). NO DD+, DTSHD or TrueHD

If I change to Android Raw then DD+ capable receiver is added

If I change the FC to 'DD+' (instead of best available) AND Android Raw I also get DTS-HD

Switch to my Shield and Kodi gives me the lot Smile

I was hoping this was a simple settings error, but alas, it is not.
(2023-10-06, 19:02)neilrlsmith Wrote: If I change the FC to 'DD+' (instead of best available) AND Android Raw I also get DTS-HD

i am watching a movie right this very moment on my Cube Gen3, with DTS-HD MA 5.1, settings to Best Available in FireOS, Passthrough On in Kodi and it is perfect

is there a different DTS-HD you are trying?

edit:

disregard question, it will show in the Debug Log if you ever provide one
How do you mean - a different DTS-HD?
(2023-10-06, 19:09)neilrlsmith Wrote: How do you mean - a different DTS-HD?

you know there is more than 1 - right?

DTSHD HRA
DTSHD MA

and depending on your definition DTS:X could be construed as a DTSHD

also different channel counts
here's a track info for one of my movies which is DTS:X - but also DTSHD "technically"

Quote:Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : DTS XLL X
Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
Commercial name                          : DTS-HD Master Audio
Codec ID                                 : A_DTS
Duration                                 : 2 h 40 min
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 4 151 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 8 channels
Channel(s)_Original                      : Object Based
ChannelLayout_Original                   : Object Based
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 24 bits
Stream size                              : 4.67 GiB (6%)
Title                                    : English DTS:X 7.1
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
(2023-10-06, 19:02)neilrlsmith Wrote:
(2023-10-06, 18:07)frodo19 Wrote: @neilrlsmith
7299?

Yes 7.2.9.9

Thats the issue.
Read here..
Solution here
actually recommending using root methods to users who may not be technical enough to do so safely ... very bold

hope it all goes well

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Firecube 3rd gen wont display TrueHD0