Kodi air mouse configuration | map select to enter | Android ChromeOS | Cromebook
Hi,
i've connected an air mouse (G10 Pro) via Bluetooth to my Chromebook running Kodi 20 (installed from google play).
The air mouse works great without any configuration, EXCEPT that the OK button doesn't work.
It seems to be related to keymapping, as if the air mouse sends "select" , but Kodi expects "Enter"
for libreelec a solution is provided under (link)
the mapping ist done in a file called "70-local-keyboard.hwdb" which is located under /storage/.config/hwdb.d

i couldn't find any .hwdb file under Android.
i was wondering if anybody can help me to get this done under ChromeOS (Android)

maybe the mapping can be done in the application_Keyboard.xml or application_Maus.xml which i found on the following path
///_Android_data/org.xbmc.kodi/files.kodi/userdata/peripheral_data  ?

thx
use https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

(2023-10-12, 15:36)Norrin-Radd Wrote: the mapping ist done in a file called "70-local-keyboard.hwdb" which is located under /storage/.config/hwdb.d

this is linux specific which is why they are on libreelec and not android
(2023-10-12, 15:43)izprtxqkft Wrote: use https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

Hmm... probably i have to map
keymap-editor -> global -> navigation -> select entry (enter)  to the OK button of the air mouse
however
none of the air mouse buttons is recognized by the keymap-editor

i appreciate any hint for a solution
thx

if they are not recognized by the keymap editor then it will be unlikely this will work

unfortunately you are running a non-standard setup which is unsupported, neither chromeos is supported nor is running kodi in a virtual environment (android on top of chromeos)

unless someone happens to see this that has done the same with the same mouse then i don't see any answers forthcoming, i certainly could not link a wiki entry

just check back occasionally and see if that 1 person happens to respond
correction:
some of the air mouse buttons are recognized by the keymap-editor ( like up, down, left, right, del)
but some are not, unfortunately including the OK button
as a temporary workaround i have selected the del button with the enter function,
hoever i'm still looking for a solution to assign the OK button
thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi air mouse configuration | map select to enter | Android ChromeOS | Cromebook0