Information Recently Added playlist behavior
Hi All,

I'm facing a (by design) behavior that doesn't fit my need when using the Recently Added default playlists, or any xsp playlist built with <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>.

Explanation: I want to be able to browse my albums by date added in my library. by 'date added', I mean the date an album has really entered the library, date that will (should) never change. But, if ever I change (externally) one tag in one music file of an album (rating for example), Kodi will update the dateadded value during his next library scan. Breaking by the way the chronological order of albums entered into the library.

So, I did differents tests, playing with 
   <dateadded>0 / 2</dateadded> in advancedsettings.xml
   <order direction="descending">dateNew</order> or <order direction="descending">dateModified</order> in my playlists xsp files
But no luck, not the expected behavior.

Until, by pure chance I tried something in xsp playlist that I found nowhere in any documentation: <order direction="descending">date</order>. Yes, just 'date'. This technically corresponds to no field I can find in the music DB, is not documented anywhere (at least I did not found) around the xsp playlists or DB. But, so far it seems to work as I expect: I have all my albums in the 'real' chronological added order, no matter that I change some properties of one of their music files later (except album name, of course, considering this would be a new album!).

I don't know exactly what to think. Is there an easter egg ? A (positive) bug ? Or simply something not documented ?
What do you (Kodi developers) guys think ?
Glad I found your post. It seems to work! Surprised that I am the first to reply to this post.
Thank you karel1 for confirming this behavior on your side. Indeed, so no other answer so far, nor explanation !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently Added playlist behavior0