Textures.xbt inside an Add-on
Hey there,

I'm currently maintaining the PlexMod-for-Kodi (PM4K) addon based on the original official Plex4Kodi, which was semi-abandoned by the company.

The addon makes heavy use of a custom UI based on modal dialogs and ships its own assets/resources for that (it's a combination of a xbmc.python.script/Video, xbmc.python.pluginsource and xbmc.service).

I've recently read the guide on skinning again, with respects to Textures.xbt. Is Textures.xbt handling possible for addons? I couldn't get them to work by packing the assets of the included skin folder of the addon. Is it even necessary or will Kodi cache those assets on its own? If so, why does texture packing exist?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Bump
It seems the only addons using Textures.xbt (apart from skins) are the image resource ones; all others use the resources/skins/Default/media/ method.
Using XBTs is the only way to have synchronous texture uploads. Otherwise, new textures might be delayed for a few frames.

But I don't know if you can have external XBTs.
Doesn't seem like that's supported for addons. Neither is Includes.xml - at least I couldn't get it to work. Would be really great for addons if this could be supported outside of skins.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Textures.xbt inside an Add-on0