Solved TV Show Trailers Not Working
Super excited to learn that new version is here! Do TV show trailers work now? I haven't been able to get them working. I still get playback failed. I set Kodi to only use local media info. The local trailer file is named tvshow-trailer.mp4 and is in the same directory as the show, right alongside tvshow.nfo. I'm using TinyMediaManager V3 for my library. The nfo trailer tag points to a youtube trailer by default but I've also tried using the full file path as described by the wiki(bottom of page).
(2023-11-13, 02:40)Fing3rz Wrote: The nfo trailer tag points to a youtube trailer by default but I've also tried using the full file path as described by the wiki(bottom of page).
You need to remove the youtube link from the nfo file and replace it with the full path.
Are you comfortable with SQL?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I already tried editing the nfo with vscode to change the yt link to the full file path. Didn't work. And no I'm not familiar with sql but if it's a fairly simple thing I'm sure I can manage.
(2023-11-13, 05:51)Fing3rz Wrote: I already tried editing the nfo with vscode to change the yt link to the full file path. Didn't work. And no I'm not familiar with sql but if it's a fairly simple thing I'm sure I can manage.
Can you provide your MyVideos database from your Userdata\Databases folder. It will be the quickest way for me to see what the problem is.
Upload to a file sharing site, then use the Report button under my post, select Other and paste the URL into it. I will check the link without you needing to make it public.
Also tell me which show you are trying to add the trailer to.
Userdata (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm trying to fix trailers for all of my tv shows but if you want a specific one then how about Legion.
I forgot to mention that I'm running this on a Firestick if that's relevant.
(2023-11-13, 07:23)Fing3rz Wrote: I'm trying to fix trailers for all of my tv shows but if you want a specific one then how about Legion.
Thanks. I got your database.

I am looking at your database and all I see are the youtube links in column c16 so I guess something is going wrong with you editing the nfo file and scanning it back into Kodi.
Remember that you have to scan the nfo file back into Kodi when you make a change to the nfo file. And you need to use the Refresh button. No need to refresh the episodes when asked. Are you doing this?

From what I can see in your database, the Legion trailer should be entered like this...
smb://b3ast/_series/Legion/tvshow-trailer.mp4

1. In your nfo file replace the youtube link with the above path then save the nfo file.
2. In Kodi, go to Legion in your library, press i for the Information Page, then scroll the buttons until you see Refresh and press it.
3. Answer No to updating the episodes also.
4. Now check that the trailer plays.
My Signature
Yeah I realized after I uploaded that you wanted to see how I was adding the filepath. oops. Anyways it works now! I'm an idiot and mistakenly used the local filepath from my pc instead of the smb share. lol. Now I just need to figure out how to make tiny media manager save the file path instead of the youtube link so I don't have to edit them all by hand! Thanks so much for your time!
(2023-11-13, 07:54)Fing3rz Wrote: Anyways it works now!
Great!!. Enjoy.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Trailers Not Working0