Advanced settings cache omega nightly
Just fyi. When having "0" memsize, it doesnt seem to matter what i have in readfactor.

I have now tried having 2, 4, 5, 10, 15, 30. They all seem to behave the same. (They all do around 1-2 mb/s forward)

So it seems safer to just keep "2" in readfactor
(2023-11-28, 11:26)Hometv07 Wrote: Just fyi. When having "0" memsize, it doesnt seem to matter what i have in readfactor.

Again the question, why would you want to use a cache memory size of "0"? The wiki page says this will make caching go to disk instead of memory, which does not seem at all useful. In fact, on devices that use flash memory for storage, it may even damage your storage due to excessive use.

Secondly, the latest nightly builds have the cache settings now built into the Services menu. As far as I could tell looking at the debug info, cache settings in advancedsettings.xml are now being ignored in favor of the settings in the menu.
(2023-11-29, 01:45)MrMagic Wrote:
(2023-11-28, 11:26)Hometv07 Wrote: Just fyi. When having "0" memsize, it doesnt seem to matter what i have in readfactor.

Again the question, why would you want to use a cache memory size of "0"? The wiki page says this will make caching go to disk instead of memory, which does not seem at all useful. In fact, on devices that use flash memory for storage, it may even damage your storage due to excessive use.

Secondly, the latest nightly builds have the cache settings now built into the Services menu. As far as I could tell looking at the debug info, cache settings in advancedsettings.xml are now being ignored in favor of the settings in the menu.

Yeah angrybird said that on first page.

Im using an external drive to my shield, where i only have kodi on, nothing else. And i cache to that drive. Like i said on the first page, 1gb of ram-cache is not always enough for me. Some days my internet is too unstable, so i will have to pause many times for the cache to keep up.

Now i only have to make one very long pause, and my cache is fine for the entire movie
(2023-11-27, 00:40)AngryBird Wrote: If running the latest Omega nightly all those settings are under Services/Cache in the gui now.

Sorry for the bump but I can't seem to find those settings in the GUI on the latest nighty, and advancedsettings.xml is being ignored. How do I configure the cache now?
In Settings/Services, first on the bottom of the left pane choose (with cogwheel) "Advanced"; then the "Cashing" option will become visible.
(2023-12-24, 21:12)Sholander Wrote: In Settings/Services, first on the bottom of the left pane choose (with cogwheel) "Advanced"; then the "Cashing" option will become visible.
Thanks Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced settings cache omega nightly0