How to retrieve channel icons from Tvheadend in Kodi 19+
It has been reported in various places how Kodi (after version 18.9) fails to retrieve channel icons from Tvheadend.

Currently, Kodi versions 19+ need the "Digest hash type" of Tvheadend set to "MD5" if you are using the "Digest hash type" of "Both plain and digest"

Found in Tvheadend web interface -> General -> Base -> HTTP Server Settings (View level: Expert)

In Kodi, go to Settings -> PVR & Live TV -> Clear data -> All -> OK, then quit Kodi and relaunch it to refresh.

(edited with correct solution)
> Currently, Kodi versions 19+ need to be able to access the Tvheadend icon URLs without a username or password.

Where does this rumor come from? I have absolutely no problems with tvheadend channel logo URLs and have not changed anything neither in tvheadend nor in kodi configuration to achieve this. It just works. I’m accessing tvheadend via username and password.
(2023-12-22, 22:35)ksooo Wrote: > Currently, Kodi versions 19+ need to be able to access the Tvheadend icon URLs without a username or password.

Where does this rumor come from? I have absolutely no problems with tvheadend channel logo URLs and have not changed anything neither in tvheadend nor in kodi configuration to achieve this. It just works. I’m accessing tvheadend via username and password.

Same here. No problems with channel icons either.
(2023-12-22, 22:35)ksooo Wrote: I have absolutely no problems with tvheadend channel logo URLs and have not changed anything neither in tvheadend nor in kodi configuration to achieve this. It just works. I’m accessing tvheadend via username and password.
Thanks for the quick response.

I played with it some more and found the real culprit: Kodi requires Tvheadend's "Digest hash type" set to "MD5".

I think that is the default, but I must have changed it to SHA when experimenting with TvhClient on iOS.

Will update my post, thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to retrieve channel icons from Tvheadend in Kodi 19+0