No 5.1 on Google TV (TCL C845k)
I have setup Kodi on my new TCL C845k and I'm using it to connect to my WD Mycloud Mirror.

I am having a strange issue where anything that is standard Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 will only play in 2.0. If it is DTS, DTS-HD or TrueHD it will play in 7.1 but any standard 5.1 signal will only play in Linear PCM 2.0. I have checked all the settings in Lodi and the Digital AC3 capable receiver is switched on as are all the others.

My Receiver is a Sony STR1080.

Have also checked all the settings on the TV and that seems to be fine. 

Any help is welcome.
Post your Debug Log, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm sorry I am new to this, I have turned on the debugging log but other than getting info at the top of the screen I can't see where the log actually is stored.
I have read the wiki and I have got the path but can't find a way to access the log file directory in the TV version of the app.
Can you help me with finding where I can get the debug log from, please.
(2024-01-16, 18:10)GobsmackDrew Wrote: Can you help me with finding where I can get the debug log from, please.

Try the Kodi Logfile Uploader addon
I have been through every file manager I can find on the TV or in Kodi and cannot access the URL that the debug mode shows at the top of the screen.
The easiest is to use Kodi's built-in file manager to copy the log file from Kodi Logs directory to whatever path you plays videos from (provided that path is writable from Kodi, which is usually the case).
I've installed that but every time I try to view the log it crashes Kodi.
Awesome, That worked. I had installed the wrong thing.
Debug file - https://paste.kodi.tv/geriqahudi
That's a stereo file:
Quote:Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: aac (LC) (mp4a / 0x6134706D), 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 91 kb/s (default)
That one might be. I played lots of different ones. I know that films I am playing are in 5.1 but the only play in 2.0. I know they are 5.1 because if I use my laptop connected directly to the receiver they play in 5.1 DD. Even on Kodi it says 5.1 on the info for each movie. DTS-HD plays in DTS-HD. It is weird. There must be some 5.1 files in that log.
Have you had the chance to have a look through the log file at all?
Your logfile only shows you playing a stereo file, which opens a stereo profile. There is no other magic in a logfile.

From the device enumeration I can see that pretty much all formats are supported. So play a multi-channel file, a dts file what so ever and post your Debug Log.

What do you expect? Creating a log playing a stereo AAC file and asking why 5.1 does not work? You got the answer based on your logfile here:  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3180054
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No 5.1 on Google TV (TCL C845k)0