85" screen... WOW!
Thumbs Up 
Hi folks,

Long time XBMP KODI enthusiast.   Just logged in to say:  How things have changed!

I remember so long ago, with my modified Gen 1 Xbox, how cool it was to run the predecessor to Kodi.  And to see it run on my CRT TV...  Wow!

Today, my 85" screen, flanked by my Magnepan speakers, still delivers that same enjoyment...  just on a much B I G G E R scale!  (... running on a Win10 box, through an Onkyo AVR, both hidden behind a wall...  with my 60TB Win10 box [and 60TB backup] serving up the goodies.)

The confluence skin still rocks.   Old dog, I guess, but nothing ever seems to beat it.

I picked up the 85" deal at Sams Club:  Hisense 85A75H for only $600.  I just could NOT resist.  Stupid cheap.  After mounting it where the  50"  65" screen used to be, it is a MASSIVE screen size upgrade, but on the whole remarkably enjoyable.  I rewatched a few films so far and it really does immerse you into the action.

Sure, I had to go into the screen's settings and defeat ...  well, just about every feature that Hisense put into that screen to "improve" the picture.  But when done, wow.

No, it won't compete with an LG OLED.  That was a great screen...  but the burn-in just kept irritating me.   So rather than keep looking at the ghost of a channel logo on the bottom right of the screen, and a large (albeit faint) square in the center (that disrupted color continuity) ...  I pulled the trigger on that 85".

Again:  Wow.

I made a joke over a decade ago...  that I was looking forward to the XBMC Holographic release...  and now with short throw laser projectors, I may just live long enough to see that.

Thanks, ALL of you Kodi fanatics...  for making my choice in GUI media centers the right one for over ... 20+ years!

welcome to the 80"+ club Big Grin

next up ... 98" Wink
(2024-02-09, 21:23)izprtxqkft Wrote: welcome to the 80"+ club Big Grin

next up ... 98" Wink

Samsung 98" is next for me... along with 2 JTR 4000ULF
Titan Bingie Mod
(2024-03-04, 08:06)AchillesPunks Wrote: Samsung 98" is next for me... along with 2 JTR 4000ULF

right on

after that post i did actually pull the trigger on a 100" (99.5) Hisense 100U8K, it's been game changing
at first you kind of think is it going to be just enormous but by the second day you wonder why you waited so long
native dolby vision support is a nice feature, android tv is acceptable for streaming apps but not for Kodi
maybe look into a hisense unless you're a die hard samsung owner, i had my samsung since 2018 so i understand if you are
(2024-03-04, 08:58)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-03-04, 08:06)AchillesPunks Wrote: Samsung 98" is next for me... along with 2 JTR 4000ULF

right on

after that post i did actually pull the trigger on a 100" (99.5) Hisense 100U8K, it's been game changing
at first you kind of think is it going to be just enormous but by the second day you wonder why you waited so long
native dolby vision support is a nice feature, android tv is acceptable for streaming apps but not for Kodi
maybe look into a hisense unless you're a die hard samsung owner, i had my samsung since 2018 so i understand if you are
I haven't gotten a Hisense yet because I did not see support for VRR. I am also a big fan of Samsung TVs but I did have my eye on those TV's as well.
Titan Bingie Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
85" screen... WOW!0