Android KODI 21 Omega Beta 3: No Dolby Plus / TrueHD Passthrough at NVIDIA Shield
Hi,

I have the following setup:
  • KODI 21 Omega Beta 3 (64 bit) on Nvidia Shield
  • HDMI 2.1 cable from the Shield to a DENON AVR
  • HDMI 2.1 cable from the AVR to the television
Audio passthrough is enabled, and the capability for DTS, DTS-HD, E-AC3, TrueHD is correctly recognized and activated.
DTS and DTS-HD passthrough work wonderfully, but E-AC3 and TrueHD result in a stereo fallback (L/R).

Nvidia Shield Settings:
Dolby audio processing: Off
Formats: Automatic
Stereo up mix: Off

I'm also pretty sure that it used to work with Nexus 10.3 (Maven Build) with the same hardware setup and setings. But now with Omega Beta 3, it doesn't work anymore, and unfortunately, not with Nexus 10.3 (Maven Build) either. However, I'm not aware of having changed anything.

Debug Log
Please play it from nfs,smb or local source I see network issues directly after opening the file. Sadly I have no idea what "joyn" is ... but as you say .. it worked before with the very same version ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
A few facts:
  • the playback is performed via a SMB file share
  • Joyn is a plugin from a german TV broadcast (online VOD portal)
  • I tested both, brandnew installations without any plugins with
    • latest nighly Nexus (Maven Build)
    • latest nightly Omega
=> Same situation, no AC3, no E-AC3 and no TrueHD is not working

Here is another Debug Log with my Plugins disabled and a small 6GB Demo file directly started from local internal storage:

Debug Log
Last but not least a debug log of a brand new Nexus Installation (Maven Build) with just the Audio settings set, nothing else:
Debug Log (Nexus)
Found the Reason... DENON Receiver had a wrong Setting on this input 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
#sorry
Thanks!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 21 Omega Beta 3: No Dolby Plus / TrueHD Passthrough at NVIDIA Shield0