How is v21 "release" coming along?
Just curious if there's a goal time frame for the "release" version of  v21 stable, sort of expected it already but haven't seen anything.

v21 brings a lot more features and fixes over v20 and as such I've already been using v21 nearly a year and recommending it's use to anyone experiencing issues with v20

thanks ahead of time
RC1 will be released today or tomorrow... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24783

Probably another month before official is released, some time after Devcon, assuming no disasters that require another RC release.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
right on, can't wait

then i can move to v22 lol

thanks
Is there a list of skins that will work with Omega?  I am a long time user of Quartz, but its developer, @nonJon, appears to be absent.  Must a Nexus-compliant skin be updated to work with Omega?
(2024-03-14, 11:33)bfgane Wrote: Must a Nexus-compliant skin be updated to work with Omega?
Yes.
At the moment, only Aeon Nox Silvo and Arctic Zephyr Reloaded are updated and submitted to the Official Repo.
There are other skins also, but still not submitted to the repo, but available from the skinners repo.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
How long before it hits the Playstore? I'm on the Nvidia Shield and really looking forward to the update!
(2024-04-07, 05:17)McCordRM Wrote: How long before it hits the Playstore? I'm on the Nvidia Shield and really looking forward to the update!
Should have already happened. It might be a staggered rollout. Unfortunately @Fuzzard is not around today, so I can't confirm, but from our conversation yesterday it was meant to be "asap".
My Signature
Gotcha. I'll give it a couple of days then. Thanks.
Not great. It messed up and damaged by Kodi 20.5 Nexus installation. When I installed it, it started fine but it didn't work fine because I was on Confluence which I had to download and update. After updating Confluence no thumbnails would still appear on my screen. I am using Nvidia Shield tube. I removed Confluence and used the built-in Estuary skin but still no thumbnails would show for my Movies or TV files. Tried Arctic Zephyr still nothing! I notice that on start-up Kodi Omega would scrape files on my server hard drives  but nothing would appear on my screen once done. I tried to uninstall Omega and it would not uninstall properly and crashed so I had to do several uninstalls before everything got cleared up. Now I've lost all my settings and have to start from scratch all over again. Thanks Kodi Omega you messed up my former system which was functioning perfectly before in Nexus. It is a nightmare now to start from scratch having to set up 1000+ movie and TV files all over again. Kodi 21.0 Omega update is a nightmare and NOT stable as they claim it to be.

Very, very disappointing and not happy with what this Kodi Omega did to my previous Nexus setup which was working perfectly before this update ....
@McCordRM - Be careful as I am also on Nvidia Shield and it messed up my Kodi Nexus installation which was working perfectly until I tried this Omega update. I lost everything now and have to start from scratch all over again having to deal with 1000+ Movie and TV files.

Very disappointed with this update.
I'm looking at the Play Store right now and it still has version 20.5 for me.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...n_US&gl=US

I'll wait until V21 is actually on the Store to download and install it.

As for messing up your library, I have my entire library backed up separately from my media server just in case I do something dumb. I used Tiny Media Manager to manually select all of my artwork (including Sets artwork), NFO files, etc. and yea, it would be a major pain in the ass to have to do it again.
(2024-04-07, 05:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-04-07, 05:17)McCordRM Wrote: How long before it hits the Playstore? I'm on the Nvidia Shield and really looking forward to the update!
Should have already happened. It might be a staggered rollout. Unfortunately @Fuzzard is not around today, so I can't confirm, but from our conversation yesterday it was meant to be "asap".

To prevent lots of complaints of from people who've forgotten they've got auto-update enabled then 21.0 hac only been submitted to the Play Store Testing/Beta channel thus far, it will be submitted to Play Store Release channel after a couple of weeks to give time for eople you don't want v21 to turn off updates and also to give a bit more time for more skins to update.
For anyone who doesn't want to wait you can download directly from https://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/ you do need to know what type of architecture your device is though.
(2024-04-07, 16:20)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2024-04-07, 05:32)Karellen Wrote:

To prevent lots of complaints of from people who've forgotten they've got auto-update enabled then 21.0 hac only been submitted to the Play Store Testing/Beta channel thus far, it will be submitted to Play Store Release channel after a couple of weeks to give time for eople you don't want v21 to turn off updates and also to give a bit more time for more skins to update.
Given the usual flurry of complaints by people that don't read stuff (it happens to the best of us, not accusing anyone), I wondered if there could be a way for Kodi to check which skin is in use at installation (I suppose guisettings.xml could be inspected) and issue a warning if it's a skin for which an update is not available in the official repository.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I don't followHuh

For anyone without auto-update enabled there is the version checker addon, so anyone on v20 or lower will get a one time pop up to say v21 is available. So what would be the sensible thing is to check the status of any addons you use, including skin, before you update. If you don't do this and just blindly update then you'll get an incompatible addon pop up once v21 loads.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How is v21 "release" coming along?0