rewind/fast-forward/ skip back and skip problems
Whenever I rewind/ fast-forward/ skip back and skip forward during a movie or TV Show, if i do it too much of either one, the video just freezes.
Not like on a DVD Player, when watching a DVD movie or TV on dvd and when rewinding fast-forwarding or skipping back or for everything goes good, but on Kodi when doing any of them, that's when the video just freeze.

So, why does video freeze when rewind fast-forward or just skipping back and forth
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
So, when i started the Pi 4 a moment ago, to watch some classic MP4s (The A Team). I went on over to the loggin and enable debug logging and reboot Kodi and it shows the LOG in the corner
If you do it like tha then yes, it will show in the corner.
Reproduce the issue, you can share the resulting debug log (using something like pastebin, not directly here).
Remember to edit out any sensitive information before you do
Ok, When the debug shows up in the corner after enabling it and doing a restart on kodi, do i just typ the info out on the computer and then do a copy and past.
The full instructions are on the wiki, as linked to in the second post by Hitcher.

Turn on debug logging, reboot, do whatever you may need to do to reproduce the problem and then use the log uploader addon to upload the log to our paste site (again as detailed in the 2nd post).
That will give you a URL, which you need to give here so that people can access the log and analyse it to see what's going on.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
https://paste.kodi.tv/tavekosose
There won't be any fixes of Kodi 18.7.
Please try v20 or the RC1 of the soon-to-be-released v21.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Also you should check your expectations:

- trick play (seeking and skipping) in a PC app will never be the same as from a DVD or BRD player and network playback will be even less reliable.
- commercial DVD's are designed for skipping.  MP4 and other rips who knows?
- running Kodi on Raspian is not optimized for video playback, try LibreELEC.

Martin
Here a few months ago, after my old SD card went out, apparently, it was a cheap card PNG i think.
So i have a Sundisk SD card. I installed Retropie on the card and added Kodi to it, that way, i can watch videos and switch over to play some old sckool games.

Since that i had retropi and Kodi as a addon, can that still be updated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rewind/fast-forward/ skip back and skip problems0