Album Artwork Not Displaying During Playlist Playback
Related to a previous (2/12/24) post…
I’ve elected (for now) to simply use some 'local' artwork, and have been methodically working through my music collection artwork.  Currently, most artwork is displayed as expected.  I’m almost there.  Noted that album artwork is not properly displayed when using ‘playlist’ feature.  I recall Black_eagle had responded earlier (2/12/24) indicating that this issue was fixed, but I am unclear how to implement the ‘update’.  Currently running Kodi 20.2 with Aeon Nox Silvo skin.  Is this simply an upgrade to Kodi 20.3?
(2024-03-17, 22:53)Mike952 Wrote: Currently running Kodi 20.2 with Aeon Nox Silvo skin.  Is this simply an upgrade to Kodi 20.3?

You should first switch to Kodi version "20.5." 

And yes, the update is easy.
OK.  Kodi 20.2 is running smoothly.  I am cautious (and even a bit reluctant) to implement upgrades (i.e., if it ain't broke, don't fix it).  I much prefer not to 'jack up' my Kodi instance just to resolve this very minor issue.  While instructions for upgrading Kodi in Linux appear to be trivial, there is no apparent distinction between installation and upgrade.  Please help me to proceed cautiously.

As outlined in "HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Linux", I entered...
  1. sudo apt update
  2. sudo apt upgrade --with-new-pkgs
Also tried,
  1. sudo apt-get update
  2. sudo apt-get upgrade
  3. sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Although these appear to have run through the upgrade process, Kodi appears to remain at 20.2.  So, that didn't work.

If I perform a fresh install (of Kodi 20.5) will that impact any of my settings?  Or, are all my settings protected within userdata?

I found a third alternative...
  1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
  2. sudo apt update
  3. sudo apt install kodi
There is a statement "Do note that if you had an older version of Kodi installed, it will be upgraded to the newer version provided by the official PPA."  (I feel a little better about trying this.)
However, on the "HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Linux" page there is a statement, "Please note that currently the Team Kodi PPA is not maintained due to the previous sole maintainer stepping away from the responsibility."

So, is the PPA not working?
I'm not a Linux user, but you can't break anything.
If there is no update, nothing will be installed.

try this:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update

After a Kodi update, your settings will be retained.
Thanks for the kind support.  But, this is not working.  My assumption is that there is some truth in the statement, "Please note that currently the Team Kodi PPA is not maintained due to the previous sole maintainer stepping away from the responsibility." on the "HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Linux" (Wiki) page.  I'll find another route.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album Artwork Not Displaying During Playlist Playback0