Information How is the resolution calculated?
I have a video file that is 480p height, when playing, the resolution flag is showing 540p. I thought it was Madnox malfunctioning but I tried it in multiple skins and they are all reporting the same thing. I don't understand why the wrong flag is being called when mediainfo clearly shows that the file is 480p, you can even see it is 480 in the filename. The 540p should not be showing even logically because when you are watching a 1080p video, that is in the vertical since the horizontal is 1920 and that flag doesn't "jump" up to 2k.

So any idea what could be going on here? I have an entire series of lines that look specifically at the filename for the resolutions to see if any match in the filename to the given flags instead of letting the player find it by parsing the video attributes.

But that seems to be a patch for something operationally wrong within Kodi. Seems like 480 is not set to greater than or equal to horizontal 480p or greater.

Here is the info of the file, any thoughts?

Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Code for calculating the VideoResolution tag based on width/height is here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/4a7870...#L585-L607

So this should be flagged as 480.

Check that you dont have an nfo file overriding the stream details.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Definitely no NFO file, I am using from the Main Menu > Videos > Browse to this path > play the file.

I'm doing it "this way" to ensure my media flag code is working and adding some requests from the threads running my skin thread area on expansion etc.

Followed this same method on Confluence and Rapier, both report the same way, clearly this is coming from Kodi and not the skin.

But I added these to an existing variable which does correct it, and I don't mind adding it, but I think there is something wrong elsewhere as you mentioned, I have a few other files also misreported, mostly in the lower resolutions.

Variable Code:

<variable name="PlayerVideoCodecFlagVar">
            <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,288) ">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videoresolution/288.png</value>
            <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,360) ">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videoresolution/360.png</value>
            <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,480) ">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videoresolution/480.png</value>
            <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,540) ">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videoresolution/540.png</value>
            <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,576) ">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videoresolution/576.png</value>
            <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,720) ">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videoresolution/720.png</value>
            <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,1080)">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videoresolution/1080.png</value>
            <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,2160)">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videoresolution/4k.png</value>
            <value condition="String.Contains(Player.Filename,4K)  ">$VAR[MediaFlagsPathVar]videoresolution/4k.png</value>
</variable>

I'm torn about leaving it in there or waiting for Kodi to review/resolve. I'm leaning to leave so I can carry on and I can remove it later.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
What version of Kodi are you running because this was updated a few months ago:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/73ea...a9beb7441e
(2024-03-24, 14:09)Hitcher Wrote: What version of Kodi are you running because this was updated a few months ago:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/73ea...a9beb7441e

I'm testing all of this on Nexus 20.4.
Mr. V's Original Source
Might be worth testing Omega to see if that makes a difference.
(2024-03-24, 14:30)Hitcher Wrote: Might be worth testing Omega to see if that makes a difference.

Omega reports it as 480p correctly.

I have a 360p file, reports as 480p.

BTW, is there any way to run two kodi portables at the same time on PC (windowed) i.e. Nexus & Omega in parallel?
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-24, 14:48)kittmaster Wrote: BTW, is there any way to run two kodi portables at the same time on PC (windowed) i.e. Nexus & Omega in parallel?

You can set up as many portable Kodi installations as you want.
(2024-03-24, 17:22)Fuchs2468 Wrote:
(2024-03-24, 14:48)kittmaster Wrote: BTW, is there any way to run two kodi portables at the same time on PC (windowed) i.e. Nexus & Omega in parallel?

You can set up as many portable Kodi installations as you want.
It's not just the setup, I have all 3 setup as Matrix, Nexus, Omega as portable and my main install in program directory...... it is..... can I RUN 2 instances at the SAME TIME... i.e. have Nexus and Omega running side by side.... for dev comparison, which would be super helpful... 

I got my answer here when I asked after posting it here...... albeit, grammar is lot to be desired as it looks like a rushed response......seems the answer is..... No.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3189242

I'll have to run one in a VM it seems windowed and then I can do it, but I don't like that solution as it take up a lot of CPU time to render both sides simutanously.
Mr. V's Original Source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How is the resolution calculated?0