Location of the skin settings
general question, when a skin is installed there is a setting.xml file that goes into this directory C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.xyz 

1- where is that setting.xml file usually located in the repo in github?
2- how you "tell" the skin to make that folder and install that file there? is that something programmed in every skin or is it like a global Kodi setting that it knows which file goes where whenever a skin is installed?

nordicguy
1.- It is not, Kodi creates it in the user’s device to save the settings that user has chosen.
2.- You don’t have to tell Kodi anything, it’s the way Kodi works.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
ok thanks now I am getting to understand it, but how does kodi knows what default settings to create inside that file for different skin, or are these default settings more or less the same from skin to skin?
In the folder you said you’ll find as many folders as skins or addons you have installed. Inside each one Kodi saves the settings related to that skin/addon, not the general Kodi settings. Anyway, I’m moving these posts to skinning, since they belong there.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2024-03-24, 22:00)nordicguy Wrote: how does kodi knows what default settings to create inside that file for different skin
Kodi uses the values from the <selected>...</selected> parts of radiobuttons in your SkinSettings.xml.
(2024-03-25, 10:58)Hitcher Wrote:
(2024-03-24, 22:00)nordicguy Wrote: how does kodi knows what default settings to create inside that file for different skin
Kodi uses the values from the <selected>...</selected> parts of radiobuttons in your SkinSettings.xml.
thanks that what I was looking for Smile
(2024-03-25, 10:25)manfeed Wrote: I’m moving these posts to skinning, since they belong there.

thanks for moving it. I wasn't sure I am allowed to post in that section since I am not a skinner but just curious

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Location of the skin settings0