Solved new install of kodi shows red disabled sound icon
Hello all 

I have been using Hodi for a very long time with very limited issues.

I constantly updated/upgraded Kodi constantly.

Kodi is running on a windows 10 HTPC on which a delta 1010ly sound card installed. This configuration has been running doe at least for 10 years. Every kodi installation recognised this card and i was able top listen to all my media perfectly.

My HTPC is using the a stereo rca connection via line 1 which is a stereo mode

Fast forward to yesterday

I downloaded installed the latest Kodi 64 bit flavour for windows

Nothing is configure on Kodi yet

I configure local data
i ensure that my sound card is recognised (it is in all its components)  

Yet I have a red disabled sound icon on the to right corner of the screen

I reboot the HTPC ....no joy
i remove all the sound devices drivers from my PC several times and re-boot the pc.....no joy
In tried to change the sound option in kodi to use the default ... no joy
I uninstalled and re-installed kodi and repeat above steps again ... no joy

All my other media applications work and sound perfectly  

what am i missing ?
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
Should be an easy fix.

Press F8 on your keyboard.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you for your quick reply

Tried F8 Nothing happened

I also reviewed all the sound settings
on PC Via control panel  device manager
on delta software
on sound setting in win 10
in Kodi settings

All show direct sound line 1/2

Still no sound from Kodi

Thank again
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
Can you provide a Debug Log that captures the startup of Kodi, then playing a movie for 5 seconds.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you for your reply

I managed to fix my issue

On my Asus HTPC I used F7 which showed me a small volume circle and with the keys i managed to increase the volume that enabled me to listen to my music once again.

It is fixed however i still do not know what i may not have configure in order to cause my issue

Thank you @Karellen for you prompt and help
Best regards to all
BikerDude
(2024-04-25, 11:39)BikerDude Wrote: On my Asus HTPC I used F7 which showed me a small volume circle and with the keys i managed to increase the volume that enabled me to listen to my music once again.
Ah, that did not cross my mind. I assumed you had accidentally hit mute. I didn't think that you lowered the volume all the way to zero, which also shows the red speaker icon.
It should be
F8 for mute
F9 for decrease volume
F10 for increase volume
My Signature
Thank you for this clarification

Have a great weekend
Best regards to all
BikerDude
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new install of kodi shows red disabled sound icon0