Is the Odroid N2 not performant enough?
Hello,

I recently bought a UHD and ripped it to my media server, like I do with all my movies.
But with this one, Kodi starts stuttering after a few seconds, and then just hangs. It just hangs at playback, not Kodi itself. I can just stop the playback and restart, but then it's the same result.

According to "mediainfo" the movie has an average bitrate of 92 Mbit/s.
I know that this should not be a problem for my network. Everything runs at 1 Gbit and I never had that problem with other movies, though I never checked the bitrate of those.

Do you think that the Odroid with CoreElec maybe is at the limit of what it can do with this bitrate?

(It's the most recent Kodi version that CoreElec provides)

Thanks.
No issues playing 4K rips on an N2 (or N2+) with CoreElec (Kodi 21) - it's probably to do with how you ripped it, I would guess. Logs would be needed to work out what the issue is...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Huh. It turned out to be a network issue indeed. While playback I noticed that the server was only sending data with 100 mbit. Then I checked on the odroid and indeed the network interface was only running 100 mbit. I guess with an average 92 mbit bitrate this can can be a bottleneck.
After pluging the network cable into a different port on switch, it was on 1 gbit and the movie runs fine. Which is weird, all ports on the switch should have 1 gibt ... anyway, it works now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is the Odroid N2 not performant enough?0