v21 x265
Tongue 
[font][font]Фильм в 4K SDR x265 10 бит, воспроизведение происходит не корректно, очень сильно подвисает и видео и звук, именно в новой версии 21, скачал 20.5, тот же файл, всё работает отлично, надеюсь исправите в новой версии этот момент.[/font][/font]
This forum uses english as only language.
Sad 
Same issue.
All x265 lags using v21. This is not dependent on bitrate, audio track, resolution or file length/size.  It all lags/stutters. 
V20.5 is fine with the same files.

I'm using Kodi on Transpeed 8k TV box, specs :-
  • CPU:Allwinner H618 Quad-Core 64bit Cortex-A53;
  • GPU: Mali-G31 MP2;
+ It is particularly irritating to have to reinstall v20.5 (losing settings & bookmarks etc) because no matter what I do it auto-updates & I have to completely uninstall it to roll back.  Why does selecting a no updates option in Kodi settings not persist?  I cannot see anything in the box settings that would allow it to auto-update either.
That aside this is my favorite player, nothing I've seen on android is anywhere as good - paid or not.  Thanks to all involved Smile
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2024-05-22, 22:59)hamble37 Wrote: Why does selecting a no updates option in Kodi settings not persist? 

That option is for updates for addons not kodi it self. Hence why the options is in the addon section. Smile

(2024-05-22, 22:59)hamble37 Wrote: I cannot see anything in the box settings that would allow it to auto-update either

Kodi doesn't update itself, so there wouldn't be a option.

You need to disable updates via Google play store , because Google is updating your kodi , kodi it's not updating it.
I'm experiencing no issues with X265 videos on KODI V21 running on a Shield. I offer this input JIC this issue may be platform-specific.
Thanks for the replies.
Given the small number of reports on this I'm guessing this is probably device specific.

Prior to v19.5 I'd had issues with AAC, (all audio is sent to passthrough but somehow AAC5.1 never decoded properly, & AAC2.0 would need a reboot to work if something else had already played. Normally for 5.1 this meant the wrong channels were given highest volume & dialog was ruined.) this dislike for AAC has reappeared in the builds I just tried:-
  1.  kodi-20240525-3f650755-master-armeabi-v7a
  2.  kodi-20240502-ed9798d5-fix-EAC3-Omega-v21.0.1-armeabi-v7a
it isn't exactly the same error though.  
With these builds HEVC rapidly goes OOS in most cases, & there is often a mild stutter even when mostly in sync.
I tried HEVC with AAC5.1, AAC2.0, Dolby5.1, Dolby2.0, DTS5.1, DTS-HD5.1 & FLAC2.0.
DTS is the exception, DTS variants play flawlessly incl. when jumping back & forth on the time-line or using fast seeking, all others had varying levels of OOS & image stutter.  Dolby was worst for full freezes & buffering with countdown circle appearing but better sync when not buffering.  AAC would struggle on with meandering OOS levels, but no freeze/buffering flags.
So all 3 v21 builds I've tried show a similar error to varying degrees.  For overall watchability the initial v21 release, ironically, is probably best with only intermittent stutter & no disproportionate OOS.  

I tried a couple of different ways to get logs.  
I could see the output onscreen showing CPU use of ~210% - ~340% (!?) - highest when the errors were occurring with an FPS drop registered. Log filesize showed increase over time.
But no log ever written. 
Couldn't get the box to create a .xml via file manager.  Made a .xml externally but it wouldn't copy over, directory structure shown by Kodi onscreen & in the wiki doesn't exist when viewed via file manager & it would not let me create it.  /data/org.xbmc.kodi/ is all I get, none of the levels below that exist. (I have show hidden files active if that matters.)
Tried 3 different file managers & despite having full permissions set via the box interface & set when the progs asked for write permissions, no write ever succeeded.
I don't know enough about Android to try to force it via a cmd line or sth.  A variety of attempts to create/copy .xml or alter permissions via manager or box settings = CTD.   Confused
v19.5 is strikingly smooth after trying v21 on the same files.

@sidewinder - I have turned off google auto-updates - I should have guessed they'd be p_ssing about behind the scenes.  
I had thought the updates option in 'Addons' seemed odd placement but the language used in the Kodi updates settings doesn't shout 3rd party plugin.  Should I have guessed that?  Maybe, but as I have installed no 3rd party add-ons/plugins etc at all, I've assumed vanilla = in-house Kodi.
If I'm able to stop it updating it will make this post worthwhile though, so good pointer!
Try this build:

ARM:
kodi-20240507-31b6942e-mike04-armeabi-v7a.apk

ARM64:
kodi-20240507-31b6942e-mike04-arm64-v8a.apk

Seems same issue that other thread (I can't find it now) in which is not enabled MediaCodec (HW video decoding) due firmware not recognizes codec profile... this build is a workaround.

EDIT: the other thread with similar issue is https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=377253
Thanks jogal, unfortunately I get 404s on the files & 403s on attempts to change directory  Huh
The builds are here:

https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm64-v8a/

Thanks will try it ASAP Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
x2650