Finding incorrectly indexed files?
i was rather ill-disciplined when I originally added files to Kodi. Consequently I can't find many of them unless I dig down into 'Files'.

I would like to clean up my media files so they're correctly indexed. Is there a strategy I can use to filter out the incorrectly indexed media files, or an addon that can help, please?

Jim
This wiki entry shows the correct naming convention for movies. Is that what you need?
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Not really - I'm now aware of the correct naming convention. I want to filter out the incorrectly named files in order to rename them.

Thanks for the reply.

Jim
(2024-05-15, 13:41)jamesford Wrote: Is there a strategy I can use to filter out the incorrectly indexed media files,
No not really. Kodi would not know they are incorrectly scraped.
It is just a matter of going through your listing and remembering whether that movie is a movie you should have.
Once you find an incorrect movie, from the Information page, select Refresh, then pick the correct one from the list.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Might be an option to export video to separate (nfo) files then use one of the 3rd party media managers.  I think Media Companion (I am familiar with) might make it easier to deal with.

scott s.
(2024-05-15, 23:16)scott967 Wrote: Might be an option to export video to separate (nfo) files then use one of the 3rd party media managers.  I think Media Companion (I am familiar with) might make it easier to deal with.

scott s.

"This is the way...."
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
If you have some SQL skills, you could query the local video db (or remote depending on your setup) for the records of the files table that don't have a match in the movies table (using idFile as the cross reference). That would get you close to what you're looking for.
For v21 you'd look for records of files not in the videoversion table instead.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2024-05-24, 05:24)CrystalP Wrote: If you have some SQL skills, you could query the local video db (or remote depending on your setup) for the records of the files table that don't have a match in the movies table (using idFile as the cross reference). That would get you close to what you're looking for.
For v21 you'd look for records of files not in the videoversion table instead.

Kodi Selective Cleaner has the capability you describe and the ability to automatically clean where missing movie entries exist.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Finding incorrectly indexed files?0